Chapter 17

You slowly inch back. When the soldiers notice you they come forward with pleasant smiles. That is until they saw you. They are about to grab their weapons but Oum stops them.

"This woman is the fire clan heir. She is here to sign the peace treaty of the clans." he states firmly. Alia holds your arm in a protective manner and Teron stands in front of you.

"With all due respect." One of the soldiers says. "It would be rather hazardous allowing it inside our territory." You kept your face downwards. You were expecting them to say such harsh things about you.

"Things like this, have prevented them from even attempting to make amends. She is coming in out territory. That is final." The soldiers look at each other before gesturing you in. As you walk past one of them, he juts his foot out so you trip. You would have fallen had Alia was not holding.

"Are you okay?" She asks. You turn to the soldier and he is glaring. You then turn to Alia and smile.

"I must of tripped over a stone." Alia gives you a questioning look but pursues the subject no further. You pull your cape farther over your head. When you arrive in town. Everyone just stares at you in disgust. They don't say anything probably due to the fact the other clan heirs are present.

When you finally make it to Oum's residence, your legs nearly give out. Never have you been so terrified. You make it to a sitting room and see three people.

"We have arrived," Oum says. An older woman walks up to everyone and greets them. All except you.

"I am so pleased to see you three," she says. It is quite obvious by now that she was ignoring you. You try to not allow it to get to you. Oum's father comes forward and stares at you.

"Take off your cloak," he says. Obediently, you take it off. When he sees your hair, he laughs. "You're not as bad as the people say you look. See Lua?" The older woman looks to you.

"I guess she isn't all that bad. I don't trust her though Fenda," she states.

"Oh c'mon mother. She came here for the peace treaty. She has to be trustworthy," s boy little younger than you says. "Hi. I am Kai, Oum's brother," he says holding his hand out to you. You hesitate before taking it, "See? Completely trustworthy."

"Well, back to the matter at hand. There will be no formal announcement of your arrival. If so, a riot will occur and that might put our people in harms way. I wasn't told of your arrival until yesterday so I apologize if the room is not to your liking," Fenda says.

"I thank you for making accommodations for me on such notice," you bow your head. Unlike the other tribes, the clan heads were polite to you and were okay with your clan joining the peace treaty. Oum's parents don't trust you and weren't even aware that you were joining the peace treaty. The only way you were going to even get them to acknowledge you was to throw your pride and dignity away.

Edited by Audballlllll