Chapter 36- Jolly but Perplex.

(Rayha's Pov)*

I was super elated on the day of my wedding, the most special day of my life, yet something was troubling me.

How would you feel when your bestfriend doesn't turn to your wedding day, the one who have always been by your side through thick and thin, the one who have always been narrated and gave you inspiration for your wedding day and today the same bestfriend ain't by your side.

To some people, all these things would be a trash but to me it wasn't at all, cause I have shared a strong friendship with Tayba.

Wait-who knows am I being impulsive? We never know- what if something worst has happened to her? I know you (Tayba) so well, as far I know you can never break your promise.

"Something must have happened otherwise she would have turned to my wedding." I murmured to myself.

I was out of overwhelmed, recognising last time that she was beyond irately towards my behaviour. Subsequently, I calmed myself. I beamed to the mirror, viewing a beautiful bride who were supposed to be jovial instead of being unhappy.

Thus, once I have made a step, I found out my mother was staring at me, she was full of tears. It was beyond strenuous to control my tears. I hugged her. After some-while, I checked out myself for a final look before leaving for my nikah ceremony. I grabbed my diamond tassel bag and phone. Abruptly, I decided to call Tayba, I couldn't digest without her presence.

"Atleast you could call me Tay." I said abruptly.

I constantly babbled until she didn't pick up my call. I was expected to hear her and then-

"Asalamualaykum, Tayba! What's wrong to you? for my wedding day atleast-" I halted when-

"Walaykumsalam, it's Tayba's mother." Her voice sounded uncannily.

"Tayba- isn't at home, she had to go to the college as it's urgent. Sorry dear, we couldn't make it to your wedding, the atmosphere here isn't fine. I hope you understand. May Allah bless you, always stay happy." Said aunty.

To be honest, I felt like she was crying silently. As soon I was about to confront her, she hanged the call. I didn't know what to do. It was already the time to attend my nikah ceremony. I was left with good hope.

I hope everything goes well, oh God help My bestie.

I led to the masjid where the Nikah ceremony would take place. After some hours, Aftab and I were in our wedding reception, sitting close to each other on the couch of the stage. There were a lot of people, I could see my cousins were delighted for my wedding. The aroma of the food was smelling delicious.

I was elated of finally marrying to the love of my life. At some point, Aftab knew there was something wrong. "What's wrong?" He asked politely. "Tayba didn't come-" I fake a smile. He smiled and pacified me how much he could. He was successful at convincing me. We had food, clicked some marvellous pictures. Some relatives came to the stage in order to meet us (Aftab and I).

Once over the moon, my phone was beeping. I got to know it was a voicemail. I didn't pay attention since mostly of my friends were wishing me. I decided later on to reply them in a harmony way.

"Look-mostly your friends came-" I winked at Aftab. "I know -but not the closest one, Muhammad." Said Aftab.

How strange was it Tayba didn't show up neither Muhammad. There was definitely something wrong had happened to both of them. I just didn't understand what was I supposed to do. I couldn't help my bestfriend neither could I leave my wedding to look for her, how incapable was I.

"Both of them are stubborn." I told Aftab. I stopped smiling when it was time for the farewell. I broke into tears, I hugged my parents how much hard I could. It was the hardest part of my life. Once we got in the car, Aftab consoled me, he held my hand, trying to make me feel better. Therefore, we hugged each other. I was somehow blushed.

And through Allah's miracle, my finger touched the voicemail notification by accidentally.

I was stunned when I heard Tayba's voice.
"Asalamualaykum, Ray! Happy wedding day, I'm so happy for you my love, my everything. Today is gonna be the best day in your life, if im-"

"Why her last voice is muted, it clearly shows the voicemail's duration is 10 minutes-" I said sadly.

"Maybe it has recorded till here."Said Aftab while driving .

"You are tensed for nothing, look how 
much your bestfriend loves you! at-least she has sent you a voicemail." Said Aftab smiling.

"But no one can love you the way I do." Said Aftab intensely.

"I love you too." He kissed me on my cheeks. I couldn't help myself but shy.

Suddenly Aftab halted the car when he got a call, I was worried, I could feel something was wrong. Aftab was completely tensed. I held his hand and asked him what was wrong.

"Muhammad!" He said.

Asalamualaykum, hello to all my amazing readers. I hope you're doing great 🌹. How did you find this chapter? I would love to read your comments so plz feel free to comment🌹.

And yes do vote and surely share my story. Trust me it's gonna make my day🌹.

•Where do you think Tayba and Muhammad can be?
•Did something wrong happened to the voicemail?
•Are Tayba and Muhammad together?
•Are they hiding?
•Did something beyond worst has happened?

Are you curious?
Scroll down swiftly!!

Till then- Be Happy, Smile, Pray, Take care and Be Patient.🌻

By :@hijabygirlFa_h 🌸⚘