Chapter 9

Stupidly enough, I didn't know what to do or say after that kiss in the shower

Stupidly enough, I didn't know what to do or say after that kiss in the shower. My first kiss and as far as he knew he was kissing air I thought wryly Although he can't really be blamed for that.

Like I said, I was stupid about and so confused that I didn't even uncloak myself so he could actually look at the lips he was assuming he successfully kissed. I kept myself hidden from his sight and after a few seconds of silence in the shower he now looked to be alone in he hung his head and quickly finished and left. I resumed my position, back facing him keeping to the opposite side of where he was until he exited.

After that his responses towards me 'popping' up went back to the way they had been the first couple of days and I naturally fell back into place pestering him as originally intended. It's been just over a week now since the shower incident and I now found myself perched on a branch next to Kakashi. He had an ear piece in to communicate with his team and observed them from afar while they completed their 'mission'. Because apparently protecting little old Mrs. Akahna's clothes from being swept away with the wind as they dried out on the clothes line was quite important-cause of course she wasn't certain to break a hip if she had to go after the run away clothes herself.

Since it didn't take all three of them to actually do this, Mrs. Akahna had taken Sakura prisoner and was now telling her her life's story as she went through every photo album in her house...which was about 20 judging by the pile at the window. And Sasuke decided to take the roof 'to be prepared in case they flew high', but really he was just practicing hand signs in private.

During this I would keep quiet, then right as he was saying something to communicate to the three I'd pipe back in next to him as if I was trying to say something to them as well. At first it startled him and without thinking-since no one was around to watch us interacting with each other-he tried to shush me. When Naruto started yelling back at Kakashi thinking he was shushing him he finally remembered that only he could hear me. So now he was just getting annoyed with my antics.

I 'popped' out of sight when he looked back at me with a scowl on his face. You would think he should have relaxed after that, but his eye just gave a little 'twitch'. I guess him at least being able to see me and knowing where I was was becoming more assuring to him than me disappearing and not knowing where I'd pop up next.

But, I didn't move from the branch next to him. He started to stare off in the direction I was, but he wasn't trying to see me. He was lost in his thoughts and his scowl dropped and eye softened.

"Where were you last night?" He whispered, but I could tell it was mostly to himself.

Where was I last night? Why does he look so troubled about me not being there to pester him?

"If you're my conscious why weren't you there with me like before?"

A little voice inside me warned not to stray from the plan again, but something told me this had to do with the night of his nightmare and I couldn't just sit in silence again like I did when I cowered away to the rooftop that morning.