Chapter 19

Narrator POV

"What do you plan to do to her?" Kakashi asked as he looked through the two way mirror to Yukaru. She sat patiently in the interrogation room, waiting for the show to start and be done with.

Once they arrived back in the Hidden Leaf, she spent a day in the hospital getting professional treatment for her wound and fever first. Questioning her wouldn't do much good if she was passing out or hallucinating from an untreated fever. But they certainly didn't waste time either.

The cold metal seat gave her goosebumps as she sat there in just the hospital provided clothes-thin drawstring pants and loose fitted top that was tied closed at the neck in the back- and a bandaged shoulder which matched her face.

"This should be a fairly simple interview," Ibiki said as he pressed the record button on the cameras facing me, "The jutsu I'll be using renders the effected unable to use the part of their brain that uses the imagination-or creates lies so to speak-and effectively gets us the true answers we need without delay."

"And the cameras?" Kakashi inquired with a raised brow. He didn't think she was a serious enough case to require the video log.

"It's a newer jutsu I've been perfecting. This is simply for reference material when I train the others. And now I'm going to need you to step out, I've got her from here." And then he exited to the hall and entered the very next door, bringing himself to the other side of the mirror with Yukaru.

Monotone and straight faced as always Ibiki performed the hand signs to his interrogation technique, "Temperal fracture no jutsu." He finished, then pressed his index and middle finger to her forehead. Then Ibiki took a seat at the other side of the table facing her.

She had clenched her eyes shut before he touched her, waiting to get hit, but nothing came. When she opened them back up her eyes were glazed over in a white glow, which told Ibiki his jutsu had taken over.

"Now, Haruhi Kahnna, what-"

There was a crackling sound that came from the speakers connected to the viewing room, "I forgot to mention, Haruhi is not her real name." Kakashi's voice came over with static through the speakers.

Ibiki paused and turned to look at the mirror behind him as if he could see Kakashi. "Out." He demanded. Ibiki kept watching the mirror until the audible sound of a door nearby creaking open and slamming shut could be heard.

"I guess we'll start there..." Ibiki mumbled to himself as he turned back to me. "...what is your name?"

It was a simple question, so for a fleeting moment her eyes glowed yellow before she answered, "Yukaru Kamori." In case of forgotten memories lost in the subconscious, the jutsu would cause the afflicted's eyes to give off a yellow glow once the memory connected to the answer was found. This way the interrogator didn't waste their time waiting for answers that would never come.

"Do all the Akatsuki have aliases? What are they and their real names?"

"No one does...Nagato has taken to calling himself Pein, but it's not really his alias. No one has need for an alias. It's just me." She answered him. Yukaru could hear herself giving him his answers before she could even think of what she wanted to even say.

"And why do you need an alias?" Ibiki picked up on her choice of words.

"For the same reason I wear this-" Yukaru brushed her hand down her cheek, her fingers touching the bandages that made up the mask she'd worn everyday for the last 13 years. "-I don't want my name or my face to be associated with the crimes of the Akatsuki."