Chapter 26

A/N: So to help keep everyone on track, including myself, at this chapter Yukaru is about 6 weeks along. 

Another two weeks had gone by and during that time I had two more successful 'condition' check ups, Kakashi and I were still attached at the hips-in a less innocent form of the meaning-and Ibiki and I had started training the Jonin.

Ibiki was doing the training in rounds so that not all the Jonin were leaving their students without training at once. He would collect a group of 3-4 Jonin at a time and we would train them for as many days as necessary until they could flawlessly sense my chakra. First we stayed within the confines of the interrogation rooms as they focused and honed their senses to identify my chakra through my jutsu. Once they were comfortable enough with going farther, then we tested them by making them try to find me as I walked about the village with my chakra still masked. Then the last test was for each of them to find me while I masked my chakra and used my jutsu to completely hide myself from view...well, from everyone's view except Ibiki. He was still being protective of me and didn't like not being able to monitor my state. He kept worrying that I would use too much chakra and stress my body, even though I kept reminding him that I kept up these jutsu's for nearly a month straight without running out of chakra before.

And these last few days, I was very relieved that our training was going smoothly. Kakashi finally got pulled into the mix  for his turn to be trained, along with Gai and Anko, and I feared this would be the point where things would get uncomfortable between the two of us. The Hokage and Ibiki decided to put everyone through this training because Kakashi failed to sense me, after all.  Luckily, that had not been the case so far

No matter the group of Jonin we were working with, Ibiki and I were the first to arrive before the rest. Ibiki wouldn't allow it any other way, it just wasn't in his nature and if we were going to work together then I had to get with the program. I learned that early on. 

I had just lost the contents of my stomach from morning sickness into the corner waste bin. This morning's breakfast came up too quick for me to be able to make it to the bathroom. Just as I'd come accustom to with Ibiki and his protectiveness, he shoved a tissue into one hand for my mouth and his water bottle into the other because I 'need to stay hydrated'. As soon as his hands were empty, he guided me by the shoulders to the closest seat. Once seated, he circled around front and crouched in front of me and placed a his hand comfortingly on my knee.

"How do you feel? Do you need to go to the hospital?" He asked worriedly as he tried to read my face for any sign of pain or discomfort.

I had wiped my mouth as I was sitting and now took a long swig of the water, trying to get rid of the taste in my mouth before I spoke. "I'm fine. Getting sick is a normal part of the process." I answered, but he still watched me with concern. "I swear I'm fine. I'd be running to the hospital before you could even ask if I wasn't." I added and laid a reassuring hand on his shoulder with a small squeeze.

But of course, as if I had thought too soon about how smooth things were going with Kakashi and I, this day had to happen. And right then, the door to Ibiki's room started to open, but Gai, Anko and Kakashi all stopped short of filing into the room as they tried to assess what they had walked into. Ibiki and I had been completely innocent, but I'm sure that's not exactly what it looked like as he knelt before me with his hand on my knee and my hand on his shoulder.

Ibiki just kept on as if they hadn't just entered the room and turned back to me, not done with the conversation. "You swear?" He asked as he stood up and offered his hand to help me up from the seat.

"I swear." I repeated, thankful that Ibiki didn't go into depth with his question. He knew that no one outside of him and the doctors knew and I was grateful he hadn't said anything to anyone else about it.