Chapter 20

A/N: I don't know if any of my Kakashi readers would have interest, but I do have other stories if you'd like to check them out as well. I just completed a Sesshomaru 41 part chapter series called A Demon of a Woman and I'm going to start sometime this week a Miroku love story as well called Naraku's Priestess.

*-*-*-Normal POV-*-*-*-

Ibiki was now in the Hokage's office, waiting against the wall as the Third reviewed the tape he played before him.

The Third watched as I sat at the interrogation table, slowly sipping at the water Ibiki had given me.

Unkown to the Third, I had been sitting next to him perched on top of the edge of his desk under the guise of my cloak as he watched.

After the interview concluded, Ibiki and I had a more private off camera conversation. That's when he filled me in on what happened after he questioned me about Nagato. He didn't want me caught off guard in an awkward position during this next part.

Ibiki had me include him in my cloak like I had done so many times before with Kakashi when we left to head over to the Hokage's office.

"If you have severed all ties with the Akatsuki, then how did you know where Kakashi would be in the land of the waves?" The Ibiki on the tv screen continued his interrogation.

"I followed him there."

"You followed him there...From where? Why?"

"Where...From here. Why...I thought a trip outside the village would be fun. I was starting to get a little restless."

"From here...you mean you've been inside the gates of Hidden in the Leaf Village before?"

Yukaru let out a small chuckle, knowing if it wasn't for this jutsu he wouldn't believe a word she was saying. "Its been about a month since I first entered the gates. And I've been inside them ever since. Kakashi's mission to protect Tazuna was the first time I left here since my arrival."

"And what have you been up to with your time inside the village?" He asked, eyes narrowed and calculating as he watched her expression while she spoke.

"I've been...terrorizing Kakashi..." She muttered lightly, feeling ashamed by the words.

"Kakashi reported that the bridge incident was the first interaction he'd had with you since your 'attack' on him-"

"-A month ago?" Yukaru cut him off, pointing out the matching timeline. "I let my anger get the best of me after I left the Akatsuki, and I put my hot headed blame on Kakashi...so I've been utilizing some of my other 'techniques' to follow him around the village and make him believe he was hallucinating and going mad."

"What did you make him hallucinate?"

That was it. The end of Haruhi

"I was his hallucination." She said so simply like it was obvious.

"You? How could you possibly make him hallucinate you without suspecting the truth."

Yukaru untucked the ends of the bandage from the underside of her braid and slowly began to unravel her mask. As more of the bandage lifted off her skin, her eyes started to darken from the steely gray to her natural blues. This was followed by the slow fade of the tattoos that ran down her face until finally the cool air graced her cheeks. She ran her fingers through the braid until her hair loosened and fell gently across her shoulders. 

"Like I said before, I didn't want anyone to be able to associate me with the Akatsuki." 

The screen froze as Ibiki paused the tape.