Chapter 39

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up in my hospital bed. Kakashi was in the doorway, talking in hushed tones with the doctor so as not to wake me. The doctor left and Kakashi stepped back in the room, his hair looking more disheveled than usual. He had refused to leave my side and had now been in this hospital room for as long as I had. Gai had even kept him supplied with meals, so he didn't even have that as an excuse to leave.

I gave him a cute little pout when he noticed I was awake. "Please tell me he said we can finally leave?"

"Yes, we can leave-" I let out a big sigh of relief, "-but-" maybe my relief was too soon, "-considering the conditions of your first pregnancy and everything your body has been through so far this time, the doctor wants you on as much bed rest as possible until the baby arrives." Kakashi explained.

My pout became less playful and cute. A few days of bed rest was one thing, but I still had nearly 3 months left "But-"

Kakashi cut off my argument "Bed rest for a healthy baby, right?" He spoke softly and placed a hand on my belly, making it hard to deny it.

I placed my hands on my belly as well "Right." I sighed.

A few hours later, the release forms were signed and official and we were getting ready to get out of here. I was healed up enough that I didn't need a lot of help with simpler things, like changing into the fresher more stylish clothes that Gai had dropped off. But, Kakashi still helped me change from the hospital gown, just in case there was still any residual pain in my back. He said  he'd rather hear me scolding him for being too helpful, then to hear any sounds of discomfort or pain come from me. 

"I'm sorry, but did our Gai really pick this out?" I asked Kakashi in shock as I smoothed out the wrinkles in the dress. It was a really pretty maternity dress that popped with it's yellow color. It had white lace straps that transitioned into a pattern of white petals falling down until all the petals gathered at a white lace hem at the bottom which came to about my knees. Lastly, there was a white lace sash just below the bust which came together in a flower like bow that sat just on top of my belly. It even came with a pair of very soft and cushiony white sandals...which Kakashi had to help me put on...because I might have started having issues with things passed my knees...but I digress.

"Just the messenger actually. I'm glad you like it." A voice spoke up from the doorway. I looked to see who it was and instantly I went into 'light' mode, my bright glowing eyes glaring at Tsunade in the doorway. She'd finally shown her face since I'd gotten back into the village. Kakashi didn't have to look at me to feel the tension and quickly stepped in between us, so he was the only thing in my line of sight. 

"Kakashi-"

"Fig" He whispered as he rubbed my shoulders softly, comfortingly. He was turning that name into my kryptonite and my eyes returned to normal as I gazed into his eyes. 

Tsunade let go of the breath she hadn't realized she held when my eyes landed on her. She knew for a long time now that this moment would come; and even though she looked nervous, in a way she was excited to receive her punishment. Because, whatever this pregnant Jonnin could do to her was actually a gift when she thought about the possibility of Yukaru never making it home at all. 

"This actually isn't a good time," Kakashi told Tsunade over his shoulder while keeping his eyes on me. "Yuki's been released and we were just on our way home."

"I know." Of course she knows. I rolled my eyes. Her assistants and the tabs they keep for her. "That's why I'm here. You're going to need these if you're going to get home." Kakashi glanced at her over his shoulder and saw Tsunade holding up a set of keys.