Chapter 43

"Whether we like it or not, she's giving birth in this tent." 

"What?!" I exclaimed, not liking the sound of that. 

"If we can't move her, then I'll just-" He started to use one hand to do the transportation jutsu while grabbing my shoulder with the other, but I quickly grabbed his hand and stopped him from going further.

Kakashi gazed at you a bit bewildered. "No, please. I don't want to chance anymore jutsu's while I'm still carrying the baby." He could see the concern written all over my face and his expression softened, knowing exactly why it scared me. 

"Ok," He spoke softly as he cupped my cheek, "No jutsu's." He assured.

"Don't worry, Yuki!" Anko gave an assuring smile as she headed to exit the tent "I'll track down a doctor immediately and I'll bring them back here in no time"

"And until then, you're in good hands!" Gai flashed his smile and gave a thumbs up, then  pointed it at himself, "I'll have you taken care of every step of the way." 

"That's not necessary Gai," I tried to wave him away, "It's not time y-ET!" I clenched onto Kakashi's hand again through another contraction. Kakashi held onto my one and wrapped his other arm around my shoulders, trying to help support me to stay sitting up. 

"You can say that all you want," Kakashi grunted a bit through the grip I had on him, "but I don't think the baby is listening." He tried to give a small laugh to lighten the situation, earning him a little glare from me and he immediately stopped. 

"I don't care! I said it's not time yet-" I stopped, gritting my teeth through the pain, "-So, it's not time...not when we were so close..." I trailed off, looking longingly at the tent entrance, picturing the aisle just beyond it that I should be walking down right now. 

Kakashi noticed, understanding what I meant, and rubbed my shoulder affectionately. "That's ok" He tried to reassure me with a soft closed eye grin, "There's always time for that"

"There's time for it now" I interjected stubbornly. From this entire wedding, the only thing Kakashi asked for was for it to be before the baby was born. And what matters to Kakashi matters to me. 

"Can you even stand?" He asked in disbelief, but continued on without waiting for an answer, "Even if you can, it'll probably be too stressful on you and the baby. I'm not having it." He said sternly, his current worry overcoming his previous desires.

"Then we'll have it right here, right now. We just need the officiant, and you and me, right? I can handle that" Kakashi watched me for a moment, an uncertain look in his eyes as he debated in his mind whether this was a good idea or not. I let go of his hand I had been gripping tightly long enough to cup his cheek, "Please. I don't need all of this to be happy today-" I nodded towards outside, "to be your wife is enough." 

Kakashi closed his mouth in defeat, knowing no argument was going to change my mind. Then he glanced up towards Gai and without having to ask, Gai exclaimed 'I'm on it!' before darting out of the tent to grab the Officiant who was still waiting outside.

"Kakashi?" He glanced from the tent entrance back to you with a 'hmm?'. Another contraction and my hand slipped from his cheek to his top, gripping it tightly as I managed to only let out a whimper. He clasped his hand around the one that held onto him, supporting me through his embrace. "I-I..." I panted after it passed, "I need my fan. Where's my fan?" I tried to sit up taller to look around when I realized I must have dropped it during the commotion of my water breaking.

"Yuki, just relax. It's ok" He tried to calm me down and pull my shoulders back to the position I had been in. "You don't need it."

"Yes, I do! Please...I need the fan." I begged Kakashi, knowing I wasn't of much use myself to get up and find it. Kakashi sighed heavily in defeat, unable to ignore my request. As he glanced around the tent, he spotted the familiar white fan with what just looked like were a bunch of black lines when folded up. Kakashi smirked softly to himself, remembering taking a peek at it when he picked it up. When opened, it formed the Hatake clan symbol