Mending (part 1)

Thx yal for reading the first book. 7k! Wow I can't thank you enough! 💕💕💕

But now for what you really want. 😁

Enjoy 👍

——————————————————————
Jamie

I am not one to go meddling in other people's Business. But I feel bad.

When you think about it Damian was one of the strongest here. He had the brains and brawn not to mention his amazing perception ability to figure out things quickly.

But that was also his down fall. He was always to skeptical. To him nothing was absolute our what it seems. There where always hidden messages.

To be honest he is a weapon. His mind is like a computer and his body ready to strike when ever you give the word. He didn't show any emotion when he fought. Just increase of anger and that's it.

You never knew where you stood with him. He never opened up. And now he died and what do we really know about him?

Raven

I got off the ride and headed back to the tower. I might as well try to celebrate with the others for nightstar's birth.

But when I got there Damian's body was gone and everyone was crowding around a window in the medical bay.

Who knew we had a nursery.

I saw the baby and she, I think, was cute. I dot. Have much experience with kids.

I thought of what Damian might say.

Baby's have to be cute so the parents will take care of it and give it the attention they need rather than leaving the baby to die on it's own.

Something like that. Dark yet true to the laws of nature.

But this just made me sulk more.

Thinking of what might happnen if Damian where here but not.

I just have to forget about him. Right now there are more important things going on. The birth of a new member.

"Where's Starfire?"

They all turned to me. But didn't make eye contact.

"Who wants to tell her?" Jamie asked.

"Not me I don't want to die yet." Gar replied.

I was slowly putting it together. Who what's to tell her. No eye contact. Die!

I see where this is going and I won't believe it.

"Starfire died giving birth." Tara spoke up.

Then we all faced dick. Who was now a father. But in a way was always a father. Well to us at least.

"I am so sorry." I said, in a hushed voice.

"I found out form DM that she gave her life to save me. Whatever Slade did to me... he went to far and we still lost life. No matter who's."

"Well 2 lives to be exact." Gar corrected. Then realized what he just brought up. "Crap! I... um..."

He stopped talking, and hung his head low.

I just turned and left to go somewhere other than the medical bay.

Maybe I should had just stayed at the Pier.

The death of 2 people I really care about was a little too much for me right now.

I found myself walking down the hall passing Damian's room.