Chapter 6

"Happy what are you doing back at my apartment?" An azure eyed female asked the feline flying around her room.

"Natsu and I are bored, so I went here" Happy answered as he plopped himself on the bed.

"Lyra chan, everyone is wondering what that marking on your back means" 

The female slowly stood up from her desk and faced the exceed. Her lips curled to a smile but the cobalt eyes only showing sadness. It is amazing how eyes can show a story the lips cannot tell. Happy noticed her sudden change of mood and instantly wished he had never asked. Sighing, Lyra spun so her back faced the feline. Her hands gently pulled down her strapless dress to reveal the entirety of her back. His eyes slowly widened, observing the beautiful work of art. Black straight lines formed wings running from shoulder to shoulder and goes as far as the lower back. In the middle of these 'wings' are three diamond shapes with pointed ends. Not a second later, she lifted her dress right back up to once again cover the beautiful tattoo. The typical happy sparkle returned to her eyes as she gave him a genuine smile. 

"Let's go outside Happy" 

.::. .::. .::. .::. .::. 

"Gajeel" The female waved to the tall male. 

He instantly halted his spar and jogged over to Lyra. He gently ruffled her hair with a grin. She swatted his hand away from her locks of hair, hoping he had not ruined the slight curls. 

"I need to ask you something" 

The two made their way out the guild building and towards a rather large tree. He leaned against the trunk with arms crossed over his chest. The woman sat on the green grass, back also leaning. 

"How do you know me from Phantom Lord?" 

A smirk appeared on his lips at the mention of his old guild. 

"They knew you as the Beholder of Slayers" He responded, looking down at her sitting figure. 

A smirk flashed on her lips as she recalled the past, memories never to be forgotten. 

"I'm guessing those markings on your back represent where the lacrima was placed" 

"Lacrimas" She corrected. 

"Tell me, what happened after you left Fairy Tail" 

Her hand gently lifted the hood of her cloak over her golden locks, avoiding the strange looks of the bystanders. 

"I already miss Fairy Tail" She whispered to herself, her hand grazing the metallic guild tattoo on her thigh. 

It had already been three years since she left the guild, hoping to learn control of her rare abilities. She found a large grass field, empty and not a single person in sight. Her hand rose in the air and with a swift movement, slammed down on the green grass. The entire ground shook beneath her as the dirt instantly rumbled due to the large impact. A crater formed, showing just how far the blow had reached.

The female groaned in frustration, "Not good enough!"

The woman broke into a frenzy of impacts all over the field. Hitting trees and dirt with as much power as she can muster. Lyra stood in a ruined dirt field, her chest quickly moving up and down as her heart beat increased.

"Not good enough"  

She was once again walking through a village, hoping to stumble upon a restaurant. Her arm suddenly felt pressure as a large hand grasped her. She screamed in panic but another hand clasped her mouth and eyes. Those muffled screamed soon died down as she felt impact on her back and stomach. They came one after the other. Lyra's attempts to use her magic came to no avail as they wrapped a bracelet around her wrist. It looked like an ordinary chain link bracelet but it causes magic to be neutralized. She twisted and turned hoping to escape the hands of the men. The female soon lost conscious, her mind becoming a complete blank.

"Where were you taken?" Gajeel asked, showing complete interest.

"Exactly where they found me" She responded, emphasizing the third word.