Chapter 27

"That was close" Misaki panted, the cut on her shoulder bleeding heavily. 

They had not disappeared completely unscratched, Gajeel was faster than expected. 

"Titānia and Kurogane (Black Steel), they are stronger than I remember" Rin stated as she cleaned her sister's wound.

The trio are back at the Deimos Headquarters, meeting at Reina's office.

"We cannot underestimate that guild...especially my sister" The blonde spoke, slowly unbuttoning her cloak and tossing it on a chair.

"Thanks for the dango Natsu!" Lyra cheered, her eyes sparkling as she took a bite of the delicious food.

The two currently ate at a booth in the small dango eatery, their laughs filling the entire building. Seeing his mate in state of complete happiness is pure bliss for Natsu. He loved the way her smile reaches her eyes, the way she would clap her hands with every bite, the way she no longer pushed him away. She slowly accepted the fact of being mates. Not because she had to, but because she truly loved him.

The Lyra Callisto finally admits that she loves Natsu Dragneel.

"Anything for my favourite blonde" He responded, ruffling the top of her head.

He quickly stole a kiss on her cheek as she swallowed the last bite. She couldn't help but giggle, something she had not done in a while. The small act caused her cheeks to tint pink, another laugh left her lips as she focused on her mate's odd hair.

"You have very pink hair Natsu" She stated, moving the food aside and mounting the small table.

He watched her with wide eyes as she kneeled on the flat surface, slender fingers raking through his strawberry locks.

"The colour matches your eyes!"

"Lyra-chan what are you doing?"

"Hm? I'm just playing with your hair" The blonde chuckled, staring deep into his obsidian irises, him doing the same.

She suddenly stopped smiling, an unfamiliar look in her baby blue eyes. His hands unconsciously traveled to her waist, pulling her body closer to his. Her body is positioned at the edge of the table, legs hanging off it and on either sides of Natsu's sitting figure. Lyra's hands went from the top of his head to around his neck, pulling his face closer to diminish what little space was left. Their lips finally locked in a long awaited kiss. She did not even plan for things to happen that way, especially how she had initiated the lip lock. They held tighter onto each other, the kiss deepening every second. It is a good thing that they are all the way at the back of the restaurant, not many people around to witness the PDA. Her hands traveled back to his spiky strawberry locks, giving them a gentle tug. He slightly groaned, his fingers gently drawing circles on the small of her back.

Minutes later, the two finally pulled away from the long kiss, both inhaling a long awaited breath. They rested their foreheads against each other, still panting.

"I...I l-love you" She stuttered to finally confessing the words she had been dying to say ever since she was a little girl.

His eyes brightened like the stars against a completely black sky. Natsu instantly wrapped her into a warm embrace, pulling her off the table and onto his lap.

"I LOVE LYRA CALLISTO!" He screamed, loud enough for the entire world to hear.