Chapter 8

Pain.

Nothing but torture and agony.

The feeling of death only inches away.

Her brain felt like swords were slowly chopping it to bits. Knives protruding her skull as if decorating it with metal.

Her eyes lazily opened as her vision remained blurry. Her body felt like it was ignited with flames, slowly and painfully burning her very skin.

Groaning, the female sat up with slight hesitation. The massive headache only becoming worse as she got out of bed. Suddenly, she felt a sudden tug on her waist, causing the female to slam right back on the bed.

"Natsu you need to-- NATSU?!" Lyra screamed, obviously surprised to see a male in her bed.

"Sh, five more minutes" The male said, eyes still shut.

She suddenly pounced on the man, her legs comfortably straddling his waist. Her hands grabbed his shoulders and roughly shook him back and fourth.

"Natsu Dragneel what are you doing in my apartment" She whispered in a harsh tone.

Natsu fluttered his eyes open and stared at the female, frustration clear in her optics.

"You should be thanking me! If I didn't help, you would be on the streets unconscious!" He retaliated, anger clear in his voice.

The two were back at it. Just like the old times. Doing nothing but argue and yell. Their tone slowly rising after every sentence.

Natsu, clearly having enough of the arguments, grabbed onto her wrists and flipped them over. This caused the two to drop down to the floor. The two remained in that position, glaring at each other as if their life depended on it. His hands never released her wrist as he lifted them above her head.

The door to her apartment suddenly opened.

"Lyra why is it-"

The duo snapped their heads towards the door. A scarlet haired female wearing silver armour looked completely shocked. Her eyes large as plates and mouth down to the floor. All she saw was Lyra sprawled on the floor with Natsu comfortably on top of her, binding her arms.

"I-I see your b-busy" She said, pink dusting her cheeks.

Erza quickly slammed the door shut, still quite surprised. Lyra brought her attention back to the dragon slayer.

"You forgot to lock my door" She stated, slightly pausing after each word

"I went through the window, YOU forgot to lock the door"

.::. .::. .::. .::. .::.

Five mages. 5 very powerful people with incredible magic sat at a table, all conversing with one another.

Lucy, Erza, and Lyra sat at one side of the table as Gray and Natsu sat at the other end.

"Where is Wendy?" The mixed slayer asked, taking a sip of what looked like water.

"On a mission" Lucy responded with a happy smile.

"Ayee Natsu! Where were you last night?" A blue feline made his way to the table.

Lyra and Natsu suddenly made eye contact, as if conversing with optics. Erza, Gray, Lucy, and Happy noticed the duo's contact.

"Um Natsu?" Happy mumbled, hoping to get the attention of the fire breather.

He broke the eye contact and glanced at his exceed.

"I was busy" His simple response caused Erza to chuckle.

"Very busy indeed" The redhead whispered, taking a bite of her cake.

Lyra's foot quickly pressed against Erza's shin with high pressure. The female gasped in shock as a bruise formed on her leg.

"What were you busy on?" Lucy asked, completely oblivious.

"Lyra" Erza whispered, hoping the two slayers did not hear.

Luckily, only the feline heard as he began to snicker.

Natsu and the blue eyed blonde glared at the laughing mage and cat, causing them to silence. Gray picked up on the hints as his lips formed a smirk.

"Why is everyone smiling?" Lucy asked, still confused of what's been happening.

"Nothing" Lyra responded, hoping Lucy would not ask again. 

Her eyes soon widened as she felt a familiar presence slowly making their way towards the Guild.