Chapter 18

"What were you and Erza saying back at the guild?"

His sudden question slightly caused her body to become stiff, tension filling the air.

"What's wrong?" Natsu asked, probably his hundredth question of the day.

They finally completed their two day mission but decided to rest for a while at a hotel. Its has been a long day! They did not have the energy to argue with the owner of the hotel to give them two rooms. Besides, they only had one room available so now they are stuck in the same hotel room for the rest of the night.

The blonde quickly recovered from her sudden freeze and turned towards the pink haired male. He sat the foot of the bed while she leaned against the headboard. Her feet extended out on the bed as he lightly drew circles on her ankles.

"We were just talking" That is her response. A really bad excuse is her simple response. Of course, he could clearly see that it was more than just talking. More like secrets finally being told, a long kept secret. A very private secret, only she knows. But ever since her talk with Erza, the secret is no longer in secrecy. It is quite surprising how the dragon slayers did not hear the entire story, with their heightened hearing and all.

"I heard something about Deimos" Natsu whispered, his body sitting closer to hers.

"They just helped me during training" Well that is half true.

Seeing how she did not want to explain everything just yet, the fire dragon slayer simply nodded. To some people, it may look like an awkward situation. A woman. A man. Alone...in a room. But to these two it is the complete opposite. They are really comfortable with each other. Which is quite surprising because they usually argue and battle. He currently rest beside her, his back against the headboard as well.

"Why did you leave Happy back at the guild?" She asked, finally breaking the long silence.

He simply shrugged his shoulders, he too not knowing the answer. It does not seem like a regular action Natsu would do. He never left his exceed, never. But for this mission, he decided not to. That is definitely odd.

"Does Lucy seem off to you?" The female asked out of the blue, this question has been lingering her mind for quite a while.

He slightly turned his head, his dark eyes staring straight into hers.

"I haven't seen her since they went into your apartment"

"She knows too much about my life Natsu...And I haven't told her anything"

The male is silent, no plans on responding to that. Well, how could he? He honestly is at a loss of words, completely speechless. Is Lucy really acting strange? Or is Lyra just being paranoid. Either way something seemed off and the blonde is very aware of it. She is quick to realize that he is not speaking anytime soon. Her hand grabbed the blanket from the foot of the bed and pulled it over her body. The pink haired male somehow found a way to snuggle under the soft blanket as well, laying peacefully on the bed.

"You know how you left when we were ten?" He questioned, sparking another conversation.

A gasp instantly escaped her mouth as she felt his warm arm slowly wrapping around her body. His touch causing her cheeks to flush a deep shade of red.

"Y-Yeah"

"You may not know it...but it affected all of us, especially Laxus"

"Did it really matter to you? We despised each other"

"But that doesn't mean that I can't care for you. You are family"

It honestly did not shock her very much. She knew that they would be worried but Laxus? The fact that he was affected gave her a slight surprise. He is one of the reasons why she wanted to be stronger. She looked up to him, her role model. He would always strike her with lightning and expect for the slayer to dodge the attack. Most of the time, she would not be able to move fast enough.

Sighing, the blonde lay her hand above his, which currently rest on her stomach. Being very grateful of the extra warmth he has. Maybe there is pros of being a fire dragon slayer. Always being warm.

"Good night Natsu"

Ahhhhhhh yet another boring and cheesy chapter 😭 Sorry for a lot of these type of chapters happening but I'm trying to find a way to transition into the next event of this story.