Chapter 11

Her chocolate brown eyes squeezed shut as white paws clutched onto her head, desperately trying to remove the scene running through her mind. It is the only thing she sees, the scene becoming longer and longer each time. Carla, an exceed known for her visions, could not handle this continuous replay. The gruesome scene is simply eerie.

She stood with such precise posture, her feet firmly on the ground and spine straight. Her hands hang onto her sides, clenching the fingers into a tight fist. Her blonde wavy locks slightly flew as wind passed through the strands. A shadow formed over her eyes as her lips remained in a frown. Her clothing is ripped as blood stained the fabric. The female's usual pale skin is decorated with patches of crimson, blood. But not her blood.

Another woman stood across from the blonde. Her shoulder length brown hair is cut perfectly away from her face for a better vision. An iron gauntlet adorned her right hand as a matching silver blade is on her left. A smirk appeared at her lips, she is unharmed. Beside this woman is a similar looking girl, but she is definitely harmed. Her clothes are tattered as her hair messily spread on the cracked floor. A thick blade impaled into her stomach as she coughed up blood. She looked exactly like the standing brunette, except her hair is longer. 

The blonde's posture began to falter. Her previous straight spine arched as her knees shook. The woman continuously told herself to stand, but her body just wouldn't listen.

"Pathetic" The brunette woman whispered, "Is the Great Lyra finally giving up?"

"I will protect...Fairy Tail...Even if it costs my life"

Suddenly, the ground beneath her shook. Blue surrounded the blonde, like a tornado with a female in the centre. The brunette narrowed her dark violet eyes as she recognized this strong magic emitting from the female. Her circular pupils began to form a different shape. Replacing the circle is a simple black slit, similar to a dragon's.

"Dragon-force" The woman with the iron gauntlet whispered.

The feline finally managed to open her chocolate coloured eyes. Three females stood before her, all looking worried. Two blondes and one with dark indigo hair.

"Carla, what's wrong?" The blonde with matching blue eyes asked, taking a step closer to her.

The cat quickly recognized the girl in her vision. She instinctively took a step back and pointed a white paw at her.

"Y-y-you..." She whispered, furrowing her eyebrows.  

Lyra tilted her head to the right while pointing a finger at herself, "Me?" 

"You're...a monster" The exceed responded. 

Wendy quickly ran to her cat and gently carried her. 

"Carla that isn't very nice" 

The blue haired female gave Lyra an apologetic look and rushed back to the guild. The blonde remained petrified, a frown making its way to her lips. Lucy walked over to the frozen female, her eyes staring off into space. 

"What was that all about?" She stated, bringing Lyra back to reality. 

"I..don't know" She responded, her voice not as energetic as before. 

"Well you shouldn't worry about it" Lucy said, walking back to the bench to pick up her shopping bags. 

The blondes continued walking, both staying on the cement path. Lyra walked in a slight daze, her mind never forgetting what Carla stated.  

Your a monster. 

Is she really a monster?... Lyra did not need anyone telling her. She already knows, her purpose of living kind of makes her a monster. The experiment was meant to make her an assassin. To kill anyone the council might not want alive. But that all went wrong when a certain group of people found her and helped her to escape. She still wears their symbol on her skirt, in a way showing that she is thankful. It is a simple black circle with a five pointed star in the centre. 

~*~

"Wow Lyra, your apartment is so much bigger than mine! Maybe I should move to Fairy Hills" Lucy announced while happily twirling in the middle of the room. 

She collapsed on the mauve canopy bed. Her eyes closed in comfort, it felt like floating on a cloud! 

"The rent is 100,000 jewels a month!" Lyra replied, simply taking a seat on her light coloured desk. 

Lucy sat up with slight hesitation, the bed is just so comfortable. Her eyes instantly landed on a dark coloured framed picture of wings. 

"Its a painting of my dragon's wings" The blonde stated, noticing Lucy's stare. 

"That's amazing" 

The celestial mage stood up from the bed while taking something from the bedside table. A brown picture frame with a slightly ripped image of two females, both looking exactly the same. Blonde locks of hair and shining blue eyes. They looked about the age of six. 

"That's my sister...we were happy together with Nereus, our dragon. But she disappeared after our dragon did. After losing my family, I made it to Fairy Tail" Lyra mumbled, finally sharing a story that has not been told for years. 

"Twins?" 

A smile appeared on the blonde's face as she recalled her last memory with her sister. 

"Lyra-chan look, butterfly!" A six year old girl yelled as she looked back at her twin sister. 

"Where Reina?" The girl, Lyra, responded as she followed her sister into a forest. 

Reina, supposedly the younger twin, had curly golden waist length hair with shining light blue eyes. Lyra, the older twin, had completely straight shoulder length hair with slightly darker azure irises. Reina extended her small hand out, waiting for the butterfly to land on her slender finger. Surprisingly, the winged insect complied and landed on her limb.  

"Lyra-chan look look!" She exclaimed loudly, proud that she found the butterfly. 

"So that's why you wear the butterfly clip?" Lucy asked, gently placing the frame back on the table. 

Lyra had unknowingly told the entire memory to her celestial friend. She simply nodded in response. 

"I haven't seen her since...but I can just feel it, she is somewhere safe" The slayer said, closing her eyes for a second or two. 

Suddenly, the window of the apartment slammed wide open. Lyra's chest tightened as the familiar scent filled her nose.