Chapter 34

"Natsu what is going on?!"

Gray Fullbuster, Lucy Heartfilia, and Happy quickly made their way to the battling guild. They first noticed Natsu, his entire arm a deadly inferno. The trio instantly realized what was going on; they needed to protect the guild. The addition of members caused Fairy Tail to have the upper hand in this battle, such an unpredictable guild.

Rin's dirtied body stood at the very top of the Fairy Tail gates, her deep violet irises scanning the chaos. Fairy Tail is a truly strong guild, their unique mages overpowering the members of Deimos. A battle between two incredibly persistent group, neither of them wanting to lose. But Rin needs her group alive, she does not want them all dead. Knowing exactly what the results of this invasion would be, she decided a crucial decision. 

"Deimos, fall back!" She boomed, every single member hearing it.

"Where is Lyra!" A pink haired dragon slayer demanded, his fist slamming on the bloody ground. 

They glanced at their leader in bewilderment, but obeyed her nonetheless. Deimos flashed out of the battle ground, also known as the Fairy Tail guild building. The mages were left in confusion when their opponent disappeared in a puff of smoke. 

"Yeah that's right, run you cowards!" The ice mage, Gray Fullbuster, screamed in victory. 

Fairy Tail had successfully protected their guild from the invasion! What a strong family they really are. But what seems odd is the absence of a certain blue eyed blonde dragon slayer. She would have been cheering and screaming with joy, filling the deadly silence now upon the battlefield. 

"Hey I'm talking to you!" Natsu screamed, his eyes flaming with anger, "Where is my mate!" 

Everyone stared at the fire dragon slayer, his fist ablaze as he looked ready to jump the female. Mates are very fond and protective of each other, and that is exactly the reason for his killing intent. Rin smirked, her hand extending out as a silver object hung down from her fingers. The blood decorated the usual glistening jewellery, revealing it to all the mages. Fairy Tail instantly recognized this as the bracelet always seen around Lyra's wrist. 

"Your mate..." She stared deep into his dark eyes, enjoying the anger behind it, "...Is dead" 

With that, she disappeared in a puff of smoke, just like the rest of Deimos. The only thing left behind is the bracelet; it fell on the ground with a quiet clink. 

The group of mages remained in a state of silence, no one daring to say a word. Tension filled the air, making everyone uncomfortable. 

Lucy Heartfilia dropped to her knees, silent tears running down her cheeks like a waterfall. 

Gray Fullbuster's hair shadowed his eyes, few tears dripping out of the corner of his eyes. 

Wendy Marvell wrapped her arms around Carla, her tears dropping on the exceed's flawless snow white fur.

Erza Scarlet pierced her sword into the ground, her body kneeling while using the weapon as support, she too crying. 

Mirajane Strauss leaned against her brother Elfman, crying into his chest as he gently rubbed her back.

Team Shadow Gear huddled together, their silent tears hoping to go unnoticed by everyone else. 

Gajeel Redfox clenched both his jaw and fist, anger boiling inside him. 

Master Makarov Dreyer crossed his arms as he leaned against the building, his white hair covering his eyes.

But with all the tears and cries, Natsu did not hear a single sound. 

He remained in the same position, his pink hair also shadowing his obsidian eyes. The fire slowly disappeared from his fist; no one has ever seen and heard him so silent. His mind is completely blank, not a single thought running through his mind. 

Natsu Dragneel cannot cope with this, the heartbreak becoming excruciatingly painful. He slowly took a step forward, bending down and reaching for the dirty jewellery. 

Everyone suddenly heard a loud thud from near the gates, their eyes averting to the body that had just collapsed. They all knew he would be taking this the hardest, he is her mate. The fire dragon slayer fell unconscious, he cannot feel anything. Gajeel trudged his way to the young slayer, slowly draping his left arm over his shoulder and dragging him back to the guild, the bracelet in his hand. 

He is left broken... beyond upset... devastated... crushed... 

Now the question remains, Does he want to live?