Chapter 26

"I'm leaving!" She yelled right before they can share a kiss. 

The pink haired male did not lean in any further, his body becoming frozen from shock. He leaned back, just enough to have a full view of her face but still fairly close. His strawberry coloured eyebrows furrowed in confusion, his warm fingers squeezing her ice cold hand. 

"W-what?" He uttered, the words not completely working into his brain.

Lyra took a step back, attempting to remove his hold on her. But that failed miserably, he pulled her body back, much tighter. He did not want to release her, afraid that she would simply slip between his fingers

"I-I don't want to put Fairy Tail in danger Natsu"

"You won't, we are a strong guild. Whatever is out there we can handle" He whispered, hoping to comfort the female.

Her tears had stopped a while ago, before the attempted lip lock. Knowing that she did not want to continue where they had left off, he decided to take a slower approach. Natsu pulled her body towards his, releasing their intertwined hands so he could hug her with two arms. She rested her head on his chest, his chin lying on her blonde head. Lyra returned the warm embrace, enjoying every second of the touch. If only they could stay like that forever, in each other's arm, not minding anyone else. After the long embrace, she finally pulled away, a genuine smile on her glossy rose lips. Lyra decided to land a light kiss on his cheek, her mind quickly working his words.

Deimos wouldn't dare go near Fairy Tail, no. They are smart enough to realize not to underestimate the guild, being full of unpredictable members and all.

"Does that mean you are staying?"

He had already let her leave once, that completely changed the guild. Master would scold him endlessly if he let her leave a second time, especially for the same reason. Lyra knows Natsu to be dense and not understand the things running through her mind. But he is not completely stupid; his caring self knows exactly what is happening with her. People refer to it as stalking, but he believes it is simply worry. He wants her to stay with him and that is final.

"Yes"

Right when the word left her lips, his mood instantly changed. In the blink of an eye, Natsu grabbed onto her arm and swung her on his back. She squealed but decided to wrap her legs around his torso, rather tightly to add. The pink haired slayer rested his hands beneath her thighs, preventing Lyra from falling.

"Where to?" He asked, glancing to his right shoulder where her head rested.

"Dango!" She replied, wrapping her arms securely around his neck, making sure not to choke him.

The two slayers sped off to the nearest restaurant that sold dango, their laughs filling the air as the wind blew against their face. Her golden blonde locks flew behind her, the ocean blue irises sparkling with happiness.      

"She's gotten really attached to that fire dragon slayer" A petite woman said, the hood of her cloak down, revealing her blonde head of hair and cobalt eyes.

"It's a shame really, two opposing elements find a way to stick together" The girl beside the blonde replied; her hood down as well.

There are a total of three females, all standing a good distance away from the laughing duo. Reina, Misaki, and Rin instantly spun around as they felt a strong presence behind them. They came face to face with a dark haired, tall, muscular, male with multiple piercings and a well endowed redhead covered in armour.

"Erza Scarlet, Gajeel Redfox" Rin whispered.

Her hand whipped out to the right, a magical circle appearing on the palm of her hand. Coming out of the circle is a thick black rod, the size just smaller than her height. Rin held the rod in her hand, ready for sudden combat. Reina raised a hand, elegance and politeness clear in her actions. This simple gesture signaled Rin to lower her guard, a battle against these two strong mages is something they would like to avoid. 

"What is your reason for following our Fairy Tail members?" Erza demanded more than asked, her gauntlet covered hands crossing over her armoured chest.

Gajeel clenched his fist, he too prepared to battle if needed. The dragon slayer met the violet eyes of Rin, glaring at each other with deep hatred. Gajeel and Erza had followed Natsu after he ran out to Lyra. But they had stopped following him when they felt an ominous presence near. That is the Deimos leaders; they had not planned the encounter with Titania.

"Pardon our presence Titania, we were simply travelling across Fiore and we came across your guild" Reina responded with the utmost respect, hoping that this powerful woman would not engage in battle, "I'm guessing you know my relation with Lyra just by our looks."

The blonde lifted her hood over her head, shadowing her familiar face.

"We have noticed your group's presence all over for a while now; there is more to it than simply passing by"

"We are gathering supplies for our next journey, we mean no harm"

It is a good thing the cloak hid her smirking face and the evil glint in her eyes as she smoothly spoke the lies. Erza certainly did not miss this, her chocolates irises quickly signalling Gajeel before fixating on Reina.

"Tetsuryūken (Iron Dragon's Sword)" Gajeel exclaimed, his body rushing forward as his entire right arm transformed into the black blade of a sword.

In the blink of an eye, the trio disappeared in a puff of smoke, right before his arm could cause damage. Instead, it slammed down onto the ground, causing it to crack and quake. The redhead clenched her fist, annoyance clear in her normally stoic expression.

"They got away!"