Chapter 6 ~ Home

After lunch I went to my dad's office to discuss the plans for me.

"So, I convinced Erwin to let you join my squad, the Special Operations Squad. You can meet them all the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is a free day." He said.

"Okay, sounds fun." I smiled at him.

"Also, since you're already so skilled, we are going to go ahead and put you in regular training with everybody else. The only thing you will need to learn is how to slice a titan's nape."

"Is that how you kill it?" I asked.

"Yep."

"That's odd..." I commented, reclining on the couch.

"So did you look around headquarters?" He asked.

"Yeah, I like it." I answered. "I even met some new friends."

"Is that so?"

"Yep. There's even this one guy that introduced me to everyone." I felt my cheeks start to heat up just a bit.

"Who is it?" My dad asked, turning a bit serious.

"He said his name is Eren." I lightly giggled. "He's um... kind of cute and... has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen..."

My dad didn't respond so I looked up at him. He was just staring at me, a bit shocked. He didn't seem mad or anything, though.

"Umm, is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Huh?" He snapped out of it. "Oh, yeah, everything's fine. You should probably get going back to your room, I put your uniform in there."

"Oh, okay. Thanks, dad. See you later."

"Bye." He said and I walked out of the room.

Levi's POV

Sophie walked out and closed the door.

Jeager, huh?

As long as he doesn't hurt her.

Sophie's POV

I walked into my room and put on the uniform. The 3DMG belts would usually be hard to put on, but it's easy for me since I've been using the 3DMG for so long.

I was just about done when I heard a knock on my door. I finished up and went to open it. It revealed Eren.

"Oh, hey, Eren." I greeted him.

"Hey, Sophie. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to give you a tour of the grounds."

"I'd love that, but don't you have training?"

"Nope." He smiled. "We had some hard-core training this morning so we have the rest of the day off."

"Oh, okay." I said.

"So should we get going?"

"Sure." He stepped out of the way and started me on my tour.

Time skip

Eren showed me the rest of the headquarters that I had not seen yet. There were separate wings of the building for the girls and guys.

The grounds outside were huge. There was plenty of space all around for training and a really big forest used for practicing 3DMG. This seemed like the real deal.

"It's getting kind of late, do you think we should head back in for dinner?" Eren suggested.

"Yeah, guess so." I agreed with him.

We had just walked back into the building when a frantic-looking Mikasa ran up to us and grabbed Eren by the shoulders.

"You were gone for so long! Where were you, Eren?!" She asked, obviously worried.

"Mikasa, relax. I was just giving Sophie a tour of the grounds." He told her and pointed over to me. I smiled at her but she just looked at me as if she were contemplating something.

"I see." She said quietly, looking away before she walked on ahead of us. I watched her walk out of sight before I turned to Eren.

"Is she okay?" I asked him, concerned for my new friend.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." He said. "She's just really overprotective of me."

"Well, I hope she knows that I won't do anything to you, you know... being from the Underground and all..." I told him. Now that I'm finally out of the Underground, I want less trouble and to actually make some friends. I don't want their impression of me to be bad just because of where I came from.

"Well she'll just have to realize that." Eren said and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll talk to her."

"Thanks, Eren." I smiled at him.

"No problem, let's get going to the mess hall."

"Yeah, let's go." I said and we made our way there.

Levi's POV

I sat in the mess hall listening to Four-eyes ramble on and on about her titan experiments. Mike just nodded along to whatever she was saying, hoping she'd eventually shut up. And he's not the only one...

I scanned the mess hall, looking for Sophie. She was sitting with the 104th cadet group. She seemed to be getting along really well with them, especially that Jaeger brat. They were laughing and talking it up.

I hadn't even noticed Hanji's rambling had stopped until she leaned over to me. "You're just going to let them be?" She quietly asked me.

"I guess so." I said, taking a sip of my tea. "Him and I are the only ones that can protect her."

Sophie's POV

After dinner, Eren walked me back to my room. I thanked him and walked in to get ready for bed. I had just walked out of the bathroom when there was a knock on the door.

"Sophie, it's me. Can I come in?" My dad asked from the other side of the door.

"Sure thing, dad." I said back. He came in and sat on the bed next to me.

"So how are you settling in?" He asked.

"Really good." I smiled at him. "I really like it here. I'm so glad to be out of the Underground... I had no idea you were still alive..."

"I should have come and gotten you..." He said quietly, looking down with sad eyes. I grabbed his hand.

"Hey, it's okay." I told him truthfully. "The past is in the past now and all that matters is that I'm here now, and I get to be with you."

"Sophie..." He said and pulled me into a hug. "I love you so much..."

"I love you, too, dad." I said, hugging him back. It's so nice to have him back... To have this back... Me and him... To be together again after such a long time of separation... I had no idea how much I missed him and this until today...

"Well I better get going." He said and stood up from the bed. "I've got some paperwork to finish up."

"Alright. Goodnight, dad." I said and crawled into bed.

"Goodnight, sweetie." He replied and walked out. I leaned over and blew out the candle on my nightstand, now being in darkness. I lied down on the soft bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Today was such an eventful day... But so amazing! I'm finally out of there... This is like a dream come true... I felt a lone tear slide down my cheek. It was mixed with happiness and relief, the realization that my dream had come true and I'd never have to go back down there again.

I finally have my dad back... I feel like... I feel like I'm finally home...