Chapter 9 ~ Special Operations Squad

The next day I woke up and went to my dad's office. Today was the day that I was supposed to meet my new squad. He said it was called the Special Operations Squad, the best of the best. "Hey, dad." I said as I walked into my dad's office.

"Hey, sweetie." He said. "You ready to meet the squad?"

"Yep! I'm excited."

"Okay, then let's get going." My dad said and we started walking out the door. "We can meet them over breakfast." We walked into the mess hall, got our food, and sat down at a table I hadn't been at before.

"Okay, brats." My dad said. "This is Sophie, she's my daughter. Since she is already so skilled, she will go ahead and join the Special Ops squad."

"Hi, I'm Petra, nice to meet you!" A ginger-haired girl said.

"It's nice to meet you, too." I smiled at her.

"Hey, I'm Gunter Schultz." A guy with dark hair said.

"I'm Eld Ginn and this is Oluo Bozado." A guy with blonde hair said and pointed to another guy that had two-toned hair.

"It's nice to meet you all." I said. That's a good first start. They all seem nice enough.

"I'll be back." My dad said and went into what I guess is the kitchen. I sat down in the empty seat next to Petra.

"So, you're really the captain's daughter?" She asked.

"Yep. I, uh, came from the Underground a couple days ago." I said. The table went silent and everybody at the table had the same expressions that the 104th cadets had the other day.

"Wow..." Gunter commented.

"I never even knew it for sure existed..." Eld said.

"Tch, so why did a brat like you get the privilege to come up here?" Oluo asked me. I stopped and looked at him with a glare that could only be compared to my dad's. He shivered.

"Well, Mr. Bozado, I was so skilled that they personally came down there and got me. Unlike you who I'm sure had to go through years of training just to be noticed." I said. Everybody looked at me a little wide-eyed. Just then my dad came back to the table.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Tch." Oluo remarked and took a sip of his drink. It was then that I noticed how similar he's acting like my dad. His choice of words... The way he holds his cup... Is he trying to copy him?

"Hey, Captain, sorry I'm late." Eren said as he rushed up to the table.

"Eren?" I asked, a bit shocked.

"Oh, hey, Sophie." He smiled at me.

"Are you in this squad?"

"Yep. The captain has authority over me since I'm a titan-shifter." He said. I stopped. What? Titan-shifter?! He must have sensed my uneasiness and confusion because he quickly added more to his statement. "But in a good way! I turn into a titan and help kill the other titans."

"Oh, okay." I said, still a little stunned. He sat down across from me and started eating. "Cool... I guess."

"So, Sophie, after breakfast we're going to go down to the forest and teach you first how to kill a titan. Then we're going to do a some hand-to-hand combat." My dad said.

"Oh, okay. That sounds fun." I said and smirked at Oluo. He shivered again. I mean, I am an Ackerman after all.