Chapter 22 ~ The ocean

Sophie's POV

It's only been a day since I've been out here but it feels like so much longer. Right now I'm just aimlessly walking around, going deeper and deeper into the outside world. I'm not sure how far out I am, but it's a lot.

I didn't have my horse with me anymore. We encountered a group of about 4 titans and normally that would be a piece of cake for me, but I miscalculated and almost got grabbed by one of the titans. My horse threw herself in my place and unfortunately passed away. I was distraught but would never forget her.

So now the only transportation I have is my own two legs and 3DMG when necessary. I was tired and hungry but I needed to ration and pull through until I found out more of what's out here.

After a while more of walking, I began to hear a loud sound in the distance. It wasn't titans, though. I didn't know what it was.

I cautiously made my way towards the sound. I became louder and louder until I came closer. When I made it to my destination my eyes widened to as far as they could go.

This is...

This is the ocean!

Before me was a beautiful, sparkling blue body of water. It was like a lake but a million times bigger. Never-ending. Waves were consistently crashing on the shore of sand.

This is what Armin was talking about!

A few tears came to my eyes when I finally realized what was happening. I was seeing the ocean! One of the things I never thought I'd be able to see! Armin's told me so much about it.

I walked- no, ran to the edge of the water. I hurriedly took off my boots and socks and rolled up my pants legs to the middle of my knees. I then stepped into the body of water and felt the coolness of it on my legs. It felt amazing.

I walked a little deeper until the water reached the top of my rolled-up pants legs. It swooshed against my legs and I closed my eyes. I breathed in the natural salty fresh scent and let it take me to my thoughts.

This is it... I'm here... Finally...

I stood there for about a couple minutes, enjoying the slight breeze and the feel of the ocean before I heard someone call out to me from shore.

"Sophie!"