Chapter 25 ~ The court trial

About a week later was Mikasa's court trail. Of course, I was required to attend. I'd be with Eren, my dad, and the commander. I was told to just dress in my Survey Corps uniform like everyone else would be dressed. Once I was done I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I called. I opened the door to see Eren. "Hey, Eren." I smiled at him.

"Hey, Sophie." He smiled back and kissed my cheek. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep, I just finished." I said.

"Good. Everybody's already outside so let's go." He said and we walked hand-in-hand outside to the carriage waiting for us. They sent a carriage to transport us to Wall Sina.

Time skip

We made it to the courthouse and it was so big! Kind of intimidating, too. At least it's not me on trial... I thought to myself. Eren helped me down from the carriage and I squeezed his hand tighter without noticing. "Are you okay, Sophie?" He asked me in a concerned voice.

"O-oh, um... yeah. Just a bit nervous." I answered honestly. He squeezed my hand back.

"Don't worry." He said. "I'll be there with you the whole time."

"Thanks, Eren." I smiled at him and we shared a quick kiss. We then headed with the others into the court house for the trial.

Time skip

It was a few minutes after we arrived in our places in the court room before the trail actually began. Mikasa was lead in and handcuffed to a pole, kneeling down. I felt kind of bad for her but I knew this was the best way to handle the situation. Darius Zackley then entered.

"Let's get this started." He said after he took his seat. "Your name is Mikasa Ackerman and as a soldier of the Survey Corps you have sworn to give your life to humanity, is that correct?"

"Yes, sir." Mikasa answered quietly.

"Today we will be determining if you are to be charged guilty or innocent. If found guilty there will be consequences. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." Mikasa answered.

"Very well." Zackely said. "It says here that you have admitted to trying to disable Sophie Ackerman's 3DMG before an expedition. Is this true?"

It took a moment before Mikasa answered. "Yes, sir." She said. Soft whispers went around the room.

"So you did do it then?" Zackely asked. Mikasa nodded. "Are you aware that you could have harmed or even killed Sophie Ackerman? A vital part of the Survey Corps?"

"Yes, sir." Mikasa said. "That's why I did it."

I saw Eren start to go forward in anger but I grabbed his arm and stopped him. I held his hand a rubbed it. "It's okay." I whispered to him and he eventually calmed down.

"Now, Ms. Ackerman, why did you try to do this to Sophie?" Zackely asked. Mikasa didn't answer. "Ms. Ackerman you are required to answer."

"Because she was ruining my chance with him!" She almost yelled. "She was just going to corrupt him."

"You are talking about Eren Jaeger, I presume?" Zackely asked. Mikasa nodded. "Why did you think that Sophie was going to corrupt him? Did she ever show any sign of that?"

"She's an Underground rat. Good for nothing." She spat out. I grabbed my dad's arm beside me to prevent him from going forward, probably to knock her out. I took a deep breath to calm myself and continued to listen.

"Ms. Ackerman, we are not entitled to judge people from where they came from." Zackely said. Mikasa didn't say anything, just simply looked down. She didn't seem to have any remorse or guilt on her face, however, just wishing that she hadn't gotten caught. Zackely took a deep breath and spoke again.

"Based on the results of today, I declare Mikasa Ackerman as..."