Chapter 19 ~ It was you

Eren's POV

"Cadet Ackerman?" Captain Levi asked. I nodded.

"Eren, are you sure?" Commander Erwin said. "I know what just happened could make it seem like she would do this, but we can't start making assumptions."

"Wait, what happened?" Hanji asked.

"Mikasa forced Eren to kiss her and now Sophie thinks he cheated on her and she's gone off somewhere." The captain answered.

"Wait... WHAT?!" Hanji exclaimed. "Somebody hurt my baby?!"

"Hanji, calm down." Erwin said softly. "We're going to take care of it."

Hanji sat down on the couch with her arms crossed and sighed.

"Anyways, why do you think Mikasa tried to hurt or kill Sophie?" The commander asked me.

"Well, a few weeks ago Mikasa asked Sophie to talk with her outside after dinner." I started. "She was upset at how close Sophie and I were getting, thinking that she would be a bad influence on me only because of where she came from."

"Tch." The captain commented.

"And at the end she said that she hopes Sophie realizes all that before she herself does even more." I finished.

"That does sound like something that would lead up to what happened." Erwin said. "Levi, go find Mikasa and bring her here."

Time skip

A few minutes later the captain returned with Mikasa. He was pulling her by her scarf. She was struggling against him but was no match for Humanity's Strongest.

He roughly dragged her in and sat her in one of the chairs. She death-glared at Levi and he death-glared right back.

"Cadet Ackerman." The commander said, gaining her attention. "Are you aware that what you just did caused us to possibly lose one of the best soldiers the scouts ever had?" She smirked.

"You think this is funny, don't you?!" I angrily spat at her.

"Eren." The commander said. I calmed down and he looked back at Mikasa. "Why did you force Eren to kiss you?"

"She needed to learn." Mikasa said.

"Learn what, brat?" The captain asked.

"Her place." Mikasa answered. "She's nothing but an Underground rat. She's good for nothing around here. All she was going to do with Eren was corrupt him."

"That's not true!" I got up and angrily walked towards her. Hanji held me back, though. "You could never be even half the girl she was. I loved her and because of you, she's gone now. Why do you have to be so selfish?!" She looked down at her hands in her lap.

"I just wanted to protect you." She quietly said.

"Yeah well I never asked for you to protect me." I said.

"Everyone, calm down." Erwin said. "Mikasa, it's reasonable that you would want to protect Eren, but you shouldn't go that far or judge people simply by where they come from." She didn't say anything, however, I could tell that she didn't regret what she did. "Now, there's another order of business." Erwin continued. "Did you have anything to do with Sophie's 3DMG before the expedition?"

She eyes widened for a slight second. "N-no sir, I didn't."

"Why are you stuttering then, brat?" Levi asked. She again didn't say anything.

"So you did do it." I grumbled.

"I was just trying to protect you!" She tried to defend herself.

"So you tried to kill her?!" I exclaimed.

"Cadet Ackerman." Erwin said. "Is it true that you purposefully tried to harm or kill Sophie Ackerman?" She looked at him.

"Yes, sir, it is." She said all too calmly.

"You just tried to assassinate not only a fellow cadet but a very valuable asset to humanity's victory over the titans." Erwin said then looked over to Levi. "Lock her in the dungeon. We'll have to report this to Zackly."

Levi got up and roughly grabbed her by the arm. "Let's go." He grumbled. She tried to fight against him as he dragged her out but again failed.

"What do we do now, commander?" I asked.

"Take the group I assigned and go search for Sophie immediately. We need her back as soon as possible." He said. I nodded and saluted.

"Yes, sir." I said and then walked out to get the other cadets in the group.

Sophie...

I will find you.

A/N: I'm very sorry for all the Mikasa fans out there. Mikasa is a great character but I had to put this in for the storyline. I'm sorry😢 And also, I am not promoting incest in between Eren and Mikasa. They simply lived together for one year. I hope you're enjoying the story! Thanks for reading!❤️