Epilogue

Time skip

It took a while but we did it. We defeated the titans. Humanity won. Eren and I coudn't be any more happier than we are right now.

After the the defeat, Eren and I got married under the big tree on the old Survey Corps training grounds and then moved to the ocean. We now live there with our daughter and two sons. Our daughter was out first child and we named her after Eren's mother, Carla.

Most everybody else came to live outside the walls, too. People still had jobs in town, though. That's what my dad did. He lives a little bit outside the walls but owns a tea shop in town. That was always his dream. I'm so happy for him.

As for everybody else, Mikasa and I are like sisters, Armin's still my little coconut, Jean's still a flirt, Sasha and Connie are still trouble-makers, Hanji's still crazy, and Erwin never fails to visit.

After the titan's defeat, I convinced Historia (aka. Christa as queen) to let me go down to the Underground and "rescue" everybody there. All these years later I still remember the feeling from when Erwin rescued me, so I want to do that to other people.

She agreed and it took a little while for the above ground townspeople to trust the people from the Underground, but it was all fine now. They were people just like us, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

I was currently sitting on the shore with my youngest son, who was barely a year old. Eren and the two other kids were out in the ocean playing. The kids kept having a splash fight while Eren came to sit down beside me. Our son reached out his arms to Eren as he got closer. Eren smiled and reached down his hands to pick him up. "Hey, buddy." He said and then sat down beside me.

I leaned my head on Eren's shoulder, enjoying the view of the ocean and our happy little family. "Hey, Eren." I said.

"Yeah?" He turned his face to look at me.

"We did it, didn't we?" I said to him. "We made it."

He reached over and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer and giving me a kiss on my head. "Yes, Sophie, we did." He smiled.

I looked up into those gorgeous turquoise eyes of his, one of the things that first attracted me to him. "I love you." I said.

"I love you, too." He said and we shared a kiss.

"Daddy! Mommy! Come play!" Carla yelled from the ocean.

"Let's go." I smiled at Eren. I picked up our son and we both headed out to the ocean, hand-in-hand, still known as Humanity's Last Hope and The Captain's Daughter.

The end.