Chapter 8 ~ Truth or dare

After we got back from town I went to my dad's office to talk for a while. "Heyy dad~" I said as I came through the door. He looked up from his desk and slightly smiled at me.

"Hey, sweetie." He replied. "I have something for you." He bent over and grabbed something from one of his desk drawers. It was a small cutely wrapped box with a bow on it. He handed it to me and I opened it. Inside was a beautiful silver bracelet that had 'I love you -Dad' engraved on it. I felt little tears prick my eyes.

"Awwe, Dad, I love it. Thank you." I gave him a big hug.

"You're welcome." He returned the hug. I put the bracelet on and went to sit down on the couch and he went back to his desk. A thought hit me then.

"Oh yeah, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." I said.

"What's that?"

"What ever happened to Farlan and Isabel? I haven't seen them around here." His quill stopped where it was. His eyes looked like he was staring into nothingness. "Dad, is everything okay?" I asked him, walking over to his desk.

"They... they died..." He said solemnly.

"Ohh..." I said, looking down at the ground.

"It happened during our first expedition." He continued. "I split up with them to go do our job and... a titan got to them..."

It was silent. "Do you... regret it?" I asked him.

"It was the wrong choice, but we have to keep going." He said, going back to his paperwork. I went back to the couch and thought. It's a shame... I thought I'd see them again since I was finally up here... But like Dad said... we have to keep going, keep moving forward.

Time skip

I spent the next few hours in my dad's office before we headed to the mess hall for dinner. We went and got our food when I saw Eren waving his hand for me to come over and sit with them. "I'll see you later, Dad." I said and walked over. I sat at the end of the table next to Eren.

"So, Sophie, since today is a free day, tonight we were all going to gather around and play truth or dare. You in?" Eren asked me.

"Um, what's truth or dare?" I asked. I've never heard of such a thing.

"You take turns and pick either truth or dare. If you pick truth, you have to answer a question. If you pick dare, you have to do a dare." He answered.

"Ah, okay. Well then I'll come." I smiled.

Time skip

After dinner we went to one of the girls' room to play the game. "Okay, who's going first?" Jean asked.

"Me! Me! I want to go first!" Sasha exclaimed.
"Connie, truth or dare?"

"Dare." He smirked.

"I dare you to go steal Commander Erwin's bolo tie."

The room was silent. We all had shocked faces on. He... can he do that...?

Connie took a deep breath and stood up. "Alright, I'll do it." He walked to the door, turned back around and saluted, as if this was going to be the last we were going to see him. We giggled and he left the room.

It was only a few minutes later when he came back. He didn't have a bolo tie but he did have a big bruise on his cheek that was starting to turn purple.

"So... I'm guessing you didn't get it?" Eren asked.

"No..." He answered. "Captain Levi was with him, and well..." He pointed to his cheek. I giggled at my dad's antics. "Anyways, Sophie, truth or dare?"

"Um, truth I guess." I answered.

"If you could pick any guy here to date, who would it be?"

I was taken a bit back and blushed. "Oh, um... I don't really know..." I said. "I've only been here a couple days..."

"Okay, now it's your turn to ask." Connie said.

"Okay, um, Eren, truth or dare?" I said.

"Dare." He said.

"Okay." Hmm, what should I give him...? "I dare you to go ding-dong-ditch my dad."

He stared at me as if I had just asked him to go jump off Wall Maria without 3DMG. "Do you want me to get killed?" He asked, a bit seriously.

"If things get out of control, I'll fix them. Now go!" I nudged him to the door. He sighed and got up to go.

I wasn't long before he busted through the door, hair disheveled, eyes wide and breathing heavily. He looked like he had just escaped almost certain death which... he probably did.

"Did he catch you?" Armin asked him.

"Almost, but no." Eren said and came to sit back down in his seat. "You owe me." He said to me.

"Hehe, worth it." I replied. 

Time skip

We played for about another hour and a half. We had some pretty crazy truths and dares. Sasha dumpster-diving... Jean admitting that he looks like a horse... Mikasa had to sit in Armin's lap for twenty minutes and Armin looked like he was about to die.

I walked back to my room but not before peeking into my dad's office to tell him goodnight. "Hey, dad, I just wanted to say- are you okay?" I asked, confused. He had a slight look of anger and frustration on his face.

"No. Some brat decided to ding-dong-ditch me." He grumbled. "I almost caught them but they got away." I giggled but quietly enough so that he wouldn't hear me.

"Goodnight, dad~" I said and walked back to my room. I got into bed and quickly fell asleep, probably due to my very... interesting, but yet fun, day.