Chapter 13 ~ Confessions

Levi's POV

I was currently sitting in my office doing paperwork, occasionally taking a sip of my hot tea. Everything was calm and quiet until I heard a knock on my door. I sighed. "State your name and business." I said.

"Eren Jaeger, sir." A voice from the other side of the door said. Great. This brat. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Come in." I said.

The brat walked in and closed the door behind him. He saluted and walked up to my desk. "What do you need?" I asked him. He immediately became a bit flustered and had a very faint pink tint on his cheeks.

"Oh, um... well..." He managed out.

"Spit it out, brat." I said. He stiffened and looked me straight in the eyes.

"I was wondering if I could have permission to date your daughter, sir!" He said quickly. I stopped.

I knew him and my daughter already had a little something going on... but this?

"You... have feelings for my daughter?" I asked him. He blushed.

"Yes, sir, I do." He said. "I really like her. And I promise to treat her well and never hurt her. I'll protect her with my life." I could tell the sincerity in his words, voice and eyes. He meant what he said. Sure, this brat can be pretty annoying at times. Always angry, yelling, his overprotective sister always following him around. But deep down, he's a good kid.

I got up and walked around to the other side of my desk, facing him. "If she has feelings for you, too, then I approve." I said. His face immediately lit up.

"Really, sir?!"

"Yes, brat." I said. "Now get out. I have paperwork to do." I walked back over to my chair.

"Yes, sir! Thank you, sir!" He quickly started to leave the room before I stopped him.

"Oi, Eren!" I said. He turned back around and faced me.

"Yes, sir?" He said.

"You hurt her, I hurt you." I said and he shivered. He probably didn't want a remake of the court trial, or anything worse.

"Yes, sir." He said and left the room. I breathed a sigh to myself.

As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

Sophie's POV

I wandered down the halls to the mess hall for lunch, lost in my thoughts. Over the past couple of weeks, my feelings for Eren have grown stronger. I really do like him. I told Armin and he even thinks he might like me back.

Armin has also became one of my best friends. I loved him. He was such a cute little cinnamon roll. But anyways, I asked him if I should try to talk to Mikasa before anything actually happened between me and Eren but he said it was probably best not to and that she just needed to deal with some things on her own.

I walked into the mess hall and grabbed my food. "Hey! Sophie!" Armin called to me from our usual table. I smiled at him and went to go sit down. I sat in the space between Armin and Eren.

"So, Sophie, what are you up to today?" Armin asked me.

"Nothing much." I replied. "I already finished up training for today so I was going to go back to my room and clean a little."