Why Are People So Horrible?

I think I'm gonna have to become a hermit or something, I don't understand people.

So I was at the store completely minding my own business. I start to walk across towards a lane, and this older man is walking towards me but he's looking in another direction and didn't see me. So I stopped so we wouldn't collide or anything. Finally he looks up, and he pulls to a stop and is glaring at me like I had kicked him or something.

And he's just standing there like I motioned go ahead and he doesn't move.

So whatever I give him a smile and I walk across.

A few minutes later I'm walking down an aisle and he's walking down the opposite way and he sees me and legit jerks his cart and slams it into the refrigerators and gives this pissed off groan.

Like dude I'm not even near you. So I'm passing him now we are at the end of the lane across from each other and I want to exit the aisle when this lady comes with her cart. The man refuses to move even as the lady says excuse me, and just glares at me like I have to be the one to move.

So I move backwards, and smile at the lady and let her pass me. I turn the corner and this man says to the lady.

'So stupid probably doesn't even speak English.'

Like what?!

What did I do?!

I just can't even right now.....