...14...

Two days later

I woke up in my bed. I had been thinking about my parents. If they didn't wanted me then I wouldn't force them. It would be stupid to not accept Jacks help. Speaking of Jack... he was currently out cross fitting. I had decided to make him a surprise for when he got home.

I got downstairs and started searching for the papers that Jack had given me at my birthday. The ones about the custody. I had decided to sign them.

I searched everywhere! But I just couldn't find them! I climbed a counter to look on top of it. I felt my foot slip under me. I quickly reached out to hold anything but the only thing I grabbed was a couple of papers.

I fell to the floor landing hardly on my wrist causing a hard pain to go through it.

"Ow-fuck!" I whisper-yelled and a few tears slipped down my cheeks. But this wasn't going to stop me. I held my hand protectively over my wrist and looked at the floor. My eyes went wide as I saw the papers.

Sign here: ____________

I read. I quickly grabbed a pen and read the entire paper. It was all about giving Jack custody and name changing and stuff. It said that if I signed, my name would then be Mackenzie Foy Hemmings. Not bad for my opinion. So I signed. Just like that. No hesitation. I also wrote a note on a blank paper.

This is my present for you. Love you. I'm at the park.

MFH xx

Normally I would just write Mackenzie, but I decided to write my initials to show that I accepted the name change. I laid the note on top of the papers and laid them on the kitchen table where I knew Jack would find them. I then grabbed my shoes and put them on without using my right hand too much. I went to the park which where near the house and sat by the lake on a bench.

I heard a motor stop. I had no idea of how long I had been here. I looked in the direction of the sudden sound and saw Jacks car just stopped. He jumped out and ran to me. He hugged me.

"Thank you.." He whispered through his tears which I hoped was from joy.

"You're welcome Dad." I said. He laughed softly and smiled to me.

We went home. Jack called Ben. Oops sorry... Uncle Ben, Grandma aka Liz, grandpa aka Andrew and Uncle Luke.

"Should we go?" Jack asked as he came into the living room where I was arching Netflix.

"Go where?"

"Out. This needs the be celebrated." He cheered. I smiled and nodded.

Jack and I went to a restaurant nearby. Jack ordered me food. I didn't even had to choose what I wanted. He wanted to show that he was a good dad and that he knew me well enough to choose for me. Honestly it was pudding me off a little. But he seemed so happy and I didn't wanted to ruin it, so I just hang on.

"Well..." Jack said as we sat down and ate. "I'll have to talk to you about something..."

I looked at him. I wasn't saying anything. I was also just ignoring the continued pain in my wrist.

"You will have to go to school soon..." he said.

"Why?"

"Because as fast as we get you used to being Australian, you can get some more friends around your age."

"I don't want to. What if I get bullied?" I asked.

"You won't, trust me. You and I can decide which school you should go to together okay?"

I nodded slowly. I didn't wanted to ruin Jacks good mood. Not yet at least.