...15...

Jack and I were sitting by the kitchen table looking through a folder with all the schools in Sydney.

"Hey what happened to your hand?" Jack asked and made me look at my bruised and swollen wrist. I covered it up with my shirt awkwardly and looked away.

"Nothing.." I said. Jack grabbed my wrist softly and pulled my shirt away from it. He felt around it and tried to move it in circles.

"Ow! Dad!" I yelled and winced. He stopped moving it and stood up. He went to the bathroom and came back with bandage.

"Definitely sprained." He said and starting wrapping the wrist in the bandage. "Just let it rest." He said and smiled to me. "Now what happened?"

"I fell yesterday.." I said.

"Must have been a hard fall then." He said. As he was done wrapping, he sat down again. "So we have all of these different schools." He said and looked quickly through them all. He the opened on the first page.

"This is a girls school." I said skeptically.

"So?"

"So I don't want that one." I said. "Some way I always found it better to have boys around as well." Jack nodded and went to the next one.

"They have uniforms. I won't get to be myself." I complained.

"You know, Luke, Ben and I have used uniforms our entire school years." He said. I shrugged.

"I'm not either of you." I said groggily. Jack closed the book and looked me in the eyes.

"What's wrong? Why are you so moody?" He asked.

"I don't wanna go.." I said and a tear slide down my cheek. He hugged me tightly. He felt how uncomfortable I was by not being with someone I knew.

"Let's make a deal." He said and looked me in the eyes.

"I'll come with you the first day. You tell me if something doesn't feel right and we will talk with the principal about it okay? There no need to be scared. You're going to get plenty of friends." He spoke smiling. I nodded and wiped my cheeks. Jack opened the book again. He randomly opened on a site that caught my attention. He went to another page,

"No go back." I said and he did. I read the page and looked at the pictures.

SOUTH SYDNEY HIGH SCHOOL

The school is for both boys and girls. There's no dress code. Great sports teams. A lot of activities, galas and parties. Phones may be used in the break and in class if the teacher allows it. The cafeteria serves free and healthy food everyday. The kids can stay either indoor or outdoor in the Breaks. Boys and girls are mixed in classes.

"I like that one." I said.

"You do?" Jack asked. I nodded. If I absolutely had to choose between these schools, I would definitely choose this one. I would just hope that it wasn't a school full of fuckboys and bitches.

Please god hear my prayer.