...32...

Seven days later

Today was the day Stefan was going home. I would have to say that These weeks didn't went as I expected. Stefan would have a slight fever almost every day which was just the last part of his meningitis, so whenever he wasn't feeling too good, I would stay with him. I was currently sitting next to him on the couch. He was still a little sick but he felt good enough to watch some tv. He was laying down and I was brushing through his brown hair.

"Stefan, can I call your parents?" I asked him. He looked at me and nodded. He grabbed his phone and found his fathers phone number, then he handed the phone to me. I called the number, waiting for his father to pick up.

"Hello mr. Salvatore this is Alfred." I heard through the phone.

"Uh.. hi.. this is Jack Hemmings. I'm the person Stefan have been staying with for the past few weeks."

"Oh I'm sorry! Hi mr. Hemmings, this is Alfred, the Salvatore family's servant."

"Hi Alfred, I just called to say that Stefan should probably relax for the next couple of days. I have had to bring him to the hospital and the doctor told us, that Stefan had meningitis. He has been cured for it, but he still has a fever." I said and felt Stefan's forehead again. "I just think he will have to relax and stay in bed."

"Oh my dear lord! The young Salvatore got meningitis?! You have saved his life! Thank you sir, thank you very much! I will tell his father, I am sure that he will appreciate it very much." Alfred said. "When should I pick the young man up?"

"Whenever you feel like it."

"I will be there in an hour." He spoke. It sounded clear to me that Alfred was a very formal servant and I found him very trustworthy.

"That is fine." I said and hung up. I handed Stefan his phone back.

"Let's get some food into you, shall we?" I said and stood up. I went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. I made a sandwich for Stefan and went back to the couch with it. Stefan ate the sandwich silently. I watched a car park in the driveway.

"That's Alfred." I told Stefan and looked at how pale he was again. I felt his forehead. "Come on buddy." I said and helped him up from the couch. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and lead him to the door. He grabbed his backpack from the floor and tied his shoes. I patted his back.

"Take care and get well soon Stefan." I said. I turned to me.

"Thank you for everything sir. I appreciate your kindness very much." Stefan said.

"You're welcome." I smiled and closed the door after him. I saw him walk to the car where Alfred held the door for him. I watched them drive away. It all went silent so fast. Now it was just me and Lenny. No Mackenzie, no Stefan.

When I that evening emptied the mailbox, I found a letter with;

Mr. Hemmings

Written with handwritten letters on the front. I brought the letter with me inside and opened it.

Dear Mr. Jack Hemmings.

Thank you a lot for taking care of my son while I was out of town. I heard that he have been sick while being with you and that you took him to the hospital. Thank you so much for discovering the meningitis in time, so he survived. I am paying the hospital bill. Feel free to come visit us at Veritas anytime.

Sincerely,
G. Salvatore

I smiled to myself. I thought it was very kind of his father to write a letter for me. I found money in the envelope which was just what the hospital bills was.

Maybe I should go to veritas plantation anytime?