...34...

The next Day

"Mackenzie!! School time!!" I yelled. She walked downstairs. Walked. Which was very unusual. Normally she would bounce or at least jog.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"What should be wrong?" She answered groggily. I grabbed her wrist as she walked by me.

"Kenz, I know you. You love school. You love your friends. Your friends are at school so why aren't you happy?"

"Stefan isn't there." She mumbled.

"Sweetie you have 6 other friends. You won't ever feel lonely." I reassured.

"But.. I wanted to introduce him to them." She said sadly. I sighed mentally. I sat on a kitchen chair and pulled Mackenzie onto my lap.

"Sweetie, you love Stefan don't you?" I asked. She nodded. "And you want Stefan to feel good and comfortable right?" She nodded again. "Well then you will have to let him rest so he won't be sick anymore. Then Stefan will feel good and comfortable and happy when he meets your friends okay?" She nodded and gave me a weak smile.

"Okay." She confirmed. We walked together to the car and I drove her to school.

"Bye princess, have fun!" I yelled as she ran towards the school. That's my girl. I drove out of the parking lot and drove out of the city. About 50 minutes away was Veritas plantation. I had decided to see how Stefan was doing. I looked around as I parked. The house was big and had a huge garden. Even a stable was attached to it and they had people around but it was peaceful.

(Authors note: the house looks like this;

Just so you all know)

I walked to the front door of the main house. I knocked and shortly after, Alfred appeared in the doorway.

"Oh good day sir. How may I help you?" He asked.

"I would like to speak to mr. Salvatore." I said respectfully. Alfred nodded.

"Give me a second." He said and left the door on crack. He came back shortly after and showed me inside to an office, where a man with dark hair and a beard were sitting by a desk. The man looked up.

"Oh mr. Hemmings." He said and stood up. He reached his hand out for me to shake.

"Hello sir." I said and shook his hand.

"Let me hear. What brings you to Veritas?"

"I was coming to hear how Stefan is doing. Is he alright?"

Mr. Salvatore nodded. "My son will be fine. Alfred, how is Stefan?" He spoke towards Alfred.

"Not better than yesterday sir." Alfred spoke. Mr. Salvatore hummed.

"Can I see him sir?" I asked. He nodded and then looked to Alfred.

"Alfred, will lead you to his room." He said and sat down by his desk again. I followed Alfred to Stefan's room. He opened the door for me and closed it as I walked in. The daylight shined through the curtains just enough for me too see Stefan asleep, looking a bit worse than yesterday. I sat down beside him. I brushed through his hair which woke him up slowly.

"Sir..?" He asked confused.

"Yes Stefan. It's me. How are you?"

"Not too good." He mumbled and closed his eyes again. This couldn't just be the last bit of the meningitis. It should have been cured already.

But what is wrong with him then?