...38...

Two days later
Mackenzie's POV

Jack had dropped me off at school this morning as he always does. We had spend the entire day together yesterday and I had become more sure of that Stefan was just his daughters boyfriend that he had seemed to like. It had been unlucky that Stefan got sick in the weeks he was staying with Jack, but at the same time, it wasn't. I knew Jack would take good care of him and he would be in the best hands.

So I was happy when he dropped me off at school. There would be a possibility of Stefan being at school today, unless he was too tired and had to stay home and rest off.

In the lunch break I went to our group table.

"Hey Mack." Laura greeted.

"Hey guys." I said and sat down in my usual seat. Jasmin had already gotten food for me. She knew exactly what I wanted to eat. I looked around and saw Stefan in the corner of the hall.

"Stefan!" I yelled and ran to him. I hugged him and kissed his cheeks. "I'm so happy you're okay."

Stefan smiled and kissed me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the table.

"Come on, you have to meet my friends." I said happily and we went to them.

"Guys, this is Stefan. Stefan, this is Laura, Jasmin, Amanda, Christopher, Jake and Dane." I smiled. Stefan waved and smiled.

"Hey." Most of Them greeted.

"Are you two a couple?" Jasmin asked as I pulled one more chair to the table. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. Jasmin squeaked happily.

"Oh my god! My best friend has a boyfriend!!"

"And a handsome one of the kind." Amanda said. I heard Stefan laugh.

"Oh my-." I started but was interrupted by Dane.

"Girls stop! Can't you see that you are making Mackenzie feel awkward." He said making me blush even harder. Stefan grabbed my hand and I sat on my seat and mentioned for Stefan to sit on the chair I just pulled over.

"Anyways, Nice to meet you mate." Christopher said and nodded towards Stefan. Stefan nodded.

"Nice to meet you too." He smiled.

We all talked back and forth about everything. We laughed and had fun.

After school we all sat by a table outside waiting for our parents to pick us up. Stefan waited for Alfred.

"Well Stefan, you are officially in the group of you want to be." Jake said. I smiled. Stefan nodded.

"Of course." He said and smiled to me. The group got picked up one after one.

First Dane, then Amanda, then Laura, then Christopher, then Jake, then Jasmin and then Alfred came to pick Stefan up.

"Good day Miss Mackenzie." Alfred said respectfully and nodded in my direction. I nodded back to him.

"We have to hurry sir. Mezzanotte is acting weird." Alfred then told Stefan worriedly.

"Weird how?" Stefan asked just as worried as Alfred if not more. Stefan loved his horse.

"I can't explain." Alfred said and Stefan and him rushed home. In the end I was the only one back. I had been sitting here for about 10 minutes but I knew that Jack had just been at a meeting and was coming as fast as possible. It wasn't long until I saw Jacks car roll into the parking lot and I ran to it. I jumped into the car.

"Have you had a good day?" Jack asked. I nodded.

"Stefan was back again." I said and smiled to myself.