...37...

3 days Later

Stefan was finally healed up pretty much. Now he was just tired. He wasn't so talkative today but that was fine. I went to his room. He was just laying under his blanket and relaxed.

"Hey Stefan, I'm going to drop Mackenzie off at school and then I will come back and drive you home okay?" I questioned. Stefan nodded.

I drove Mackenzie to school making her bounce out of the car as she always did.

"Take care princess!" I yelled to her and sighed as she was out of my sight. I then drove home again, picked Stefan up and drove the 50 minutes to Veritas Plantation.

I walked with Stefan to the front door and I knocked. Alfred opened and smiled.

"I see that the young Salvatore is feeling well enough to get home." He said earning a little yawn from Stefan.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry I just took him with me, but I knew something was wrong and I had to do something." I said. "I understand if his father is mad."

"He is not."

"Well I think you just should let Stefan sleep tomorrow. Keep him home from school, he is pretty tired and exhausted." I said. Alfred nodded. I patted Stefan's back. "Feel free to come over sometime." Stefan smiled weakly to me and walked in.

I drove to the meeting I had to go to. We were planning a company trip to Europe. I would have to talk to Mackenzie about wether she wanted to stay with my parents, Ben, Luke or at Stefan's house, if that was okay with his father. (Authors note; what would you guys like her to choose?)

As the meeting were over, I drove to Mackenzie's school to pick her up. As soon as I stopped in the driveway at home, Mackenzie ran inside. I followed behind but way slower.

"Where's Stefan?" She asked confused as she came down again.

"Home." I answered simply. "With his family."

Mackenzie nodded quietly and went upstairs. I went to do some paperwork.

I was done with the papers at 9 pm. Since it was summer it was still bright outside.

"Kenz?!" I called. She came jogging down.

"What?" She asked.

"Why don't we go to a cafe or something?" I smiled. She nodded and smiled. We grabbed our shoes and went to the car.

We drove to a cafe nearby. I ordered her hot chocolate and I got coffee myself. We sat down at a table.

"This was where I first met Stefan." She said and looked around. "Seems like you like him a lot.." she mumbled and avoided eye contact.

"Hey.. something you wanna tell me?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nope.. nothing." She said and I felt that there was definitely something going on.

"Kenz.." I started.

"Mackenzie Thanks." She corrected me.

"Okay, what is going on? Why are you so pissed off?" I asked going straight to the point.

"Well maybe you should just have invited your new best man, your new buddy, to a cafe instead of me." She spat.

"What the hell? What are you talking about?"

"You have spend so much time with him. You have barely eaten dinner with me. All your time went with the company, and him." She said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Princess he was sick."

"So? That's not an excuse -."

"Princess, he's your boyfriend." I laughed slightly. "Your boyfriend. You asked me to take care of him and I did. You shouldn't be jealous of him, because you are my daughter and I love you."

She looked away.

"Come on. Drink your chocolate, we can talk about this later." I said.