...43...

Three weeks later

I had taken the bus to and from school, knowing that Jack had left early for a meeting and were coming home late in the evening. I had found a note on the fridge saying that there were leftover pizza in it and that he would be back at 11 pm. I had decided to stay up till he got home to greet him.

I sat on the couch with the hot chocolate I had made myself and just chilled. Jack should be home soon and it would be waste of time to put a movie on.

The phone in the kitchen which strangers would call, ringed and I sprinted to take the calm since I knew it wasn't going to ring for long.

"Mackenzie Hemmings, How May I help?" I asked as I picked up, secretly trying to catch my breath without the person on the other end of the line would hear it.

"Hi sweetie, I'm calling from the hospital in south Sydney. Are you related to Jack Hemmings?" The woman on the other side said.

"Yeah I'm his daughter, why?" I asked feeling my nerves raising fast.

"You see sweetie, Jack has been involved in a car accident. He is now in the hospital. Do you have someone with you?" She asked kindly.

"I-I-I-I.." I stuttered not really believing or realizing what I had just heard. I hung up in panic sliding down the wall with my back against it. I thought about what I just had heard.

Jack had been involved in a car accident.

He was at the hospital.

I had to get to him but how? Sydney was so big of a city, I didn't even know where the hospital was and I had no idea of how to get there.

I slowly began sobbing, cries coming afterwards as I thought more and more about the fact of Jack in the car accident.

I rushed to the living room grabbing my phone from the table and immediately dealing Ashton's number.

"A-Ash! J-Jack.. h-he's.." I cried as I heard the phone being picked up not even giving him time to say hello.

"I know, I know Kenzie. Don't worry we are on our way to your house to pick you up and then we will go to the hospital. Breathe okay?" He said in the line tryin to get me to calm down. I sobbed and took a deep breath for him. "Exactly. Just like that. We are there in 5 minutes Kenzie." He said and hung up.

I once again sat down. This time on the floor not even knowing what to do. I felt like I had no control over myself. Soon I heard the door open but yet, I didn't had the power to go see who came.

Ashton rushed to me and held me close as I sobbed into him. "Come on. Let's go." He said and walked towards the door. He looked back at me seeing that I wasn't following. He ran back to me and picked me up from the floor. I sobbed into his shoulder and he placed me on the floor in the entrance, laying my jacket around my shoulders and helping me getting my shoes on. He tied them. I normally tied my shoes myself but I had no power for anything right now.

He carried me to the car where Calum was driving, Luke being on the passenger seat trying to stay strong and Mikey in the back. Ashton placed me in the middle of the back and sat by my side himself. He helped me fasten my seatbelt and we drove in silence.