...20...

I met up with Jasmin by our lockers after the next class which had been chemistry for me. I put my books in my locker.

"Ready?" Jasmin asked. I nodded. We went to the cafeteria and Jasmin looked around to spot her friends. She suddenly waved and grabbed my wrist. She pulled me to a table with 5 other students.

"Hey Jaz. We were actually talking about where you were." A blonde girl said.

"I just picked up our newbie." Jasmin smiled to me. "Guys this is Mackenzie."

"Hi Mackenzie, I'm Amanda." The blonde girl said. Her eyes were green and she had freckles on her cheeks and nose.

"I'm Laura." A dark haired girl with blue eyes said.

"I'm Dane." A boy with brown fringes and brown eyes said. He looked like a really chill and relaxed person.

"I'm Christopher." A blonde boy with blue eyes said.

"And I'm Jake." The last boy said. He was having a south European Look and had dark brown almost black hair. His eyes were brown and he had his ears pierced.

"Hi guys, nice to meet you." I said and smiled.

"Come on. Let's get some food." Jasmin said and pulled me to the shop. I got a sandwich and a strawberry juice. We went back to the table and took seats.

"Where are you from if I may ask?" Jake asked.

"I'm from England. I was going to celebrate Christmas in the America, but my family abandoned me. I met a guy named Luke and him and his brother agreed on letting me live here with his brother." I said simply. It was still a little hard to talk about but I acted like it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Harsh." Christopher mumbled and Laura's hands flew to her mouth. I shrugged.

"It's okay. I have a family now and a home. Things couldn't be better." I smiled reassuring. They all shrugged, switching to another subject.

"What do you all have now?" Dane asked.

"History." Jasmin said.

"English." Laura smiled.

"Chemistry." Amanda groaned.

"Art." Christopher shrugged.

"I have music." I said smiling.

"Me too." Jake said and smiled to me.

"What about you?" I asked Dane.

"PE." He said and rolled his eyes.

"Dude, you're not even doing anything in PE." Christopher laughed and hit his shoulder. Dane rolled his eyes once again.

"See you later guys!" I yelled as Jasmin pulled me through the hallway to our lockers.

"So what do you think? Do you like them?" She asked hopefully.

"Yeah! They seem super sweet." I said honestly relieved that I have seemed to find friends. Jasmin nodded. Jasmin grabbed her history books and turned to me.

"See you soon." She said and smiled.

"Yes." I said, smiled and left to the music room.

After music, which had been 1 and a half hour of the teacher talking about notes and sheets and everything. Jake had given me a long explanation of how I had just been really unlucky and that they normally did practice with instruments, but today was only theory. It didn't bother me though, I wasn't feeling like doing much anyway.

I showed up at my locker where Jasmin was already putting her books back in.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey. I wondered if you wanna hang out today?" She asked.

"Sure. We can go to my house. My dad is already here to pick me up." I said. She nodded happily.