...49...

4 months later
Mackenzie's POV.

Jack had been through a long time of recovery. I could tell he hated recovery. He just wanted to be the fresh guy, who is always up for adventure as he used to.

He had used crutches for the first few months. Luke had been home with us almost every day since Jack was ready to go home from the hospital.

I had moved back home and was no longer living with cal, ash, mike and Luke.

Grandma and grandpa had visited us every week to see if Jack was fine. I had heard grandma in the hospital, crying from joy and thanking god that Jack was alive.

I would have done the same if I believed in god. The problem was just, that god had let me down so many times that I didn't trusted my life in his hands anymore.

"I'm going to Stefan's house." I said, running to Jack and kissing his cheek.

"I'll drive you." He said trying to get up from the couch.

"No." I said sternly making him look surprisedly at me. "I'm not letting you slip into another coma, just because you're stupid enough to drive me even though I can get ash to do it."

Jack seemed surprised by my words and tone, but in the end, he nodded letting me call Ashton to ask for a drive.

Ashton came to pick me up and on our way, we talked about everything that had happened the last few months. I hadn't seen Stefan much and I wanted to give him the attention I hadn't been able to give him for the last many weeks.

"That's a huge ass farm." Ashton exclaimed as he parked.

"Not a farm.." I said slowly. "A plantation.."

I jumped out of the car, thanking Ashton for the ride and looking after the car as he drove away. I then turned around to walk to the main building.

"Hey." I heard from behind me. I turned around to see a boy with black hair and blue eyes. His jawline was sharp. "What is such a beautiful girl doing on Veritas?" He smirked.

I giggled and looked the the ground. I felt my cheeks blush slightly. He grabbed my hand, kissing it formally while holding my eyes with his.

"May I introduce myself?.. Damon Salvatore. The oldest of the Salvatore brothers." He said bending for me.

"Mackenzie Hemmings." I smiled.

"My pleasure miss Mackenzie." Damon smiled. "Have you ever been to the Veritas Plantation before?"

I shook my head. I knew Veritas but Stefan had never mentioned living here. Veritas were pretty well doing in economics, and it actually came a lot as a surprise that Stefan hadn't said anything.

"May I show you around?" Damon asked reaching his hand out for me. I nodded, grabbing it and letting him lead me around the plantation.

Damon had jokes, he never seemed to have troubles finding something to say. It all came easily to him and it was kinda impressive.

"Where uhm..." I started. "Where is Stefan?"

"Not home."

ColdnessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara