...16...

A week later

Jack was taking me to South Sydney High School for a meeting with the principal. Why couldn't I just be homeschooled? Liz is a math teacher anyways. I called them grandpa and grandma for a short amount of time, but it didn't felt quite right yet. I didn't wanted to call Ben and Luke my uncles either, and I didn't wanted to call Jack my dad. He had only known each other for 3 weeks and it was a little too early with the nicknames for now.

We were currently in the car, on the way to the school.

"Jack?" I said making his attention go towards me and his eyebrows furrow. He already knew something was up. "We're moving too fast."

"No we're not, the speed limit is-"

"That's not what I meant." I interrupted. "I meant that I'm not ready. I'm not ready to call Liz and Andrew, grandma and grandpa. I'm not ready to call Luke and Ben my uncles and.., I'm not ready to call you dad." I felt myself Tear up slightly by my own words.

"Is that why you wasn't sure if you should sign the papers?" He asked carefully. I nodded.

"But I have nowhere else to go, so I had to." I said. I looked outside of the window to avoid the eye contact.

"Look.." Jack started. "All you need to know is that I love you. If you need time, fine, I'll give you time. But don't ever think that I don't love you okay?"

I nodded. I was hesitating wether I should say "I love you too." Or just say nothing. I decided to say nothing, because I don't wanna say that I love someone if It doesn't feel right to say it in that very moment.

Jack parked in the parking lot of the school which was placed in front of the Front door. We both walked in, and the signs of the school were telling us where to go. We went down a hallway with a lot of doors. Small signs next to the doors told us what they were used for. We reached a room with windows from the floor to the ceiling. We walked In and I assumed that the person behind the disk, tapping away on her laptop, would be the assistant of the principal.

"We have an appointment with Mr. Simon Rulock." Jack spoke making the assistant look up.

"Yes. He is in his office. Right in there." She said, smiled and pointed in the direction. Jack nodded and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He yelled from the other side. Jack pushed the door open, while having a hand on my back.

"Oh mr. Hemmings! What a pleasure to see you." Mr. Rulock greeted. Jack shook hands with him and mr. Rulock smiles to me. "Welcome to South Sydney High School." He said and sat down on his chair. Jack and I sat beside each other on the other side of the table, in some chairs.

"So what can you tell us about this school?" Jack asked.

Coldnessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें