Chapter 14. Piece By Piece.

Nicole's POV

"How'd you find out for sure that she is yours? Or do you not know?" I wonder my voice hoarse and thick with emotion from the torment he'd suffered, it hurts me to know he'd gone through something so awful. 

He chuckles quietly. "No I know for sure she's mine I had a DNA test done. I asked them if it was possible that because of my dad being so biologically closed to me if that'd make a difference they said that her DNA would either be closer to me or my dad because my dad and I don't have exact same DNA and she was 99.9 Percent a match to me." He explains. "If she'd been my sister the DNA wouldn't of been as strong."

I nod in understanding and look away. "How could you blame yourself for what they did?" I ask him curiously looking back at him.

He leans away from me, drops his hands and turns facing the TV. "I'm not saying what they did was right Nikki." He whispers intertwining his hands, leaning forward, and resting his arms on his legs. "What I did wasn't either though, I could have been the bigger person but I wasn't." 

"God would you listen to yourself you were a kid, sure what Samantha did wasn't right but you seem to forget there was a grown ass man included in this situation." I whisper shaking my head. 

"Your dad was far more at fault for this then anyone. Telling your mom was the right thing to do if he'd been willing to cheat on her with his own sons girlfriend he sure as hell wouldn't have a problem doing it with other women. To break up with Samantha I don't blame you and to be afraid of that child to not even want to know most people wouldn't want to know Andy. We're not talking about a debate of a child being yours versus another person you hardly know it was you or your dad that's awful." 

Andy keeps his head down his eyebrows knitted together as he stares at the floor. I get off the couch and kneel on the floor in front of him I move his hands and crawl between his legs kneeling up. I run my hands down his thighs and look up into his eyes, he stares back at me I see the denial, anger, and humiliation in them. 

"I refused to feel any kind of emotion for so long, feeling it now is like breaking me piece by piece all over again." He whispers. "When I came into your bedroom that night and kissed you, I did it because I was annoyed that Ryan was watching you all night. I felt possessive of you, not that I understood why, when I saw you it was like I couldn't stop myself all I could think about was how badly I wanted to kiss you." He whispers running a thumb over my bottom lip.

I'm stunned at the idea that he felt the same way I felt about him, and just like me he couldn't make sense of it either.

"I was mad, that of all the girls that'd been trying to get close to me I managed to block all of them out then you come a long I barely know you and then suddenly I was wrapped right around your finger, it was maddening. When I confronted you at the party I thought maybe if you thought I was an asshole you'd just stay away from me seems to usually work." He laughs quietly. 

Then his jaw clenches. "Then Ryan and you started dancing I was angry just to even see you dance with him but when he kissed you I snapped. It was then that I realized pushing you away wasn't going to work because if I kept seeing you with someone else I'd lose it." He shakes his head angrily.

"I didn't mean for that kiss to even happen, I don't even like Ryan there's nothing...there." I say shaking my head. "I wanted you but you wouldn't..." I trail off. 

He looks away, and I realize neither one of us want to be hurt like we had been before. I grab his face between my hand and make him look at me again. "I'm not her, I'm not going to do something like that there is nothing right about cheating okay I get that I've been cheated on I know how bad it hurts it's not like..." I shake my head. "I couldn't ever do that to someone else. I can't guarantee it'll work out but neither can you." I whisper.

He stares at me for a long moment like as if he is debating it, but it doesn't take him long to decide. He smashes his lips to mine, my arms go around his neck as he travels his hands down to my waist and lifts me up onto his lap.

He leans back on the couch holding me against him tightly, he darts his tongue into my mouth massaging his with mine. Heat travels up my thighs into my core, my stomach knots up and I moan into his mouth.

I run my hands from his hair down his chest and he holds me tighter to him. He lifts me up and lays me down on the couch without breaking the kiss. 

"Andy wha-" We both hear a voice and look to see who'd walked into the living room. "Oh my" his mother throws her hands over her eyes when she sees our position. She turns away and clears her throat. "Not on my couch Andrew Adam Haze." She grumbles walking out of the room. 

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment Andy just laughs when he looks backs at me he laughs harder at my expression, I push him off me and he sits up but pulls me into his lap. 

"Well if your mom liked me at all I'm sure she doesn't anymore." I whisper.

He chuckles. "She doesn't care." 

"I should probably go." I say quietly. 

He nods in understanding, he stands up I gasp in surprise because the move was so fast and sudden. My feet hit the floor but I've still got my arms around his neck and his arms are still around my waist he kisses me once more and let's me go.

I start heading toward's the door I put my jacket back on and slip my shoes on, just as I'm about to open the door he grabs my arm and spins me back into him. 

His lips are back on mine again just as he started the kiss he breaks it. "See ya." He whispers. 

I smile at him. "See ya." 

When I get into my truck I start it and turn it around then head down the long windy driveway. 

**********

By the time I get home it's 2:43 AM, I'm tired but somehow I feel lighter, happier. I feel like now that I understand what happened to him, and he understands what happened to me that maybe things between us will be much different.

He already seems so different, he was always so serious and so angry all the time that seeing this side of him makes me happy. I was beginning to think Andy being happy was impossible, of course I thought me being happy again was impossible but her I am at almost three in the morning feeling like I could skip around the house.

If my eyelids weren't so heavy I probably wouldn't even make an attempt to go to bed because I'm in far to good of a mood to want to go to bed.

I run up the stairs quickly and change into my pajama's I crawl into bed and lay there, maybe I should have stayed with Andy...