Chapter 28. It's Yours.

Andy's POV

As the reality of it all sinks in I quickly grab the phone.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask Billy.

"She's pregnant Andy, and it is yours I can definitely confirm she has not been with anyone since you. She never leaves the house unless it's to go to work, hell she barely get's out of bed." Billy says sternly.

I sigh. "How far along is she?" I ask him.

"Like twenty three weeks, doctors think it's a girl." Billy says. "I don't know anything but I'm up here at the hospital waiting for them to tell me what's going on."

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." I tell him.

"Good, see you soon." Billy says and the line goes dead.

I slowly hang the phone up, I'm completely dumbfounded five minutes ago I was cooking breakfast for my only child. Now I might suddenly lose my second child, that I was totally unaware of. 

I spin around grab my keys and wallet off the fridge I grab Gracie from her chair. "Daddy not done!" She squeals as I carry her from the kitchen.

When I get out into the hallway I yell up the stairs. "JOSH!" 

I hear fast footsteps he is at the top of the landing. "Yeah?" He asks worriedly.

"Come down here quick." I tell him as I set Gracie down and put her shoes on.

"What?" He asks.

"I have to go to Minnesota, you are going to stay here with the others I'm going to take Gracie with me. If you have any problems with mom at all call me at the hospital in Minneapolis." I tell him sternly.

"Woah what?" He asks dazed. 

"Damn it man I got to go it's important." I tell him as I put Gracie's coat on and zip it up. 

"Nikki?" He asks confused.

"Yes." I admit as I walk over to the coat rack grabbing my jacket and putting it on.

"I thought you guys broke up?" He asks.

I huff in irritation. "Yes okay we did break up but she got in a bad car accident, and apparently she's pregnant." 

"So you're going to go see your ex who is pregnant with a kid that isn't yours?" He asks tilting his head. I pull my boots on and start tying them looking up at him like he's missing something obvious.

"It's mine." I tell him.

"What you guys have been split forever though?" He asks.

"We've been split for five months and she is almost six months pregnant. So obviously it is mine." I explain quickly as I pick Gracie up.

"Damn man I hope they're okay." Josh says softly.

"That makes two of us." I tell him as I hand Gracie to him. "Hold her for a minute, I'm going to go let mom know." 

He takes Gracie and I sprint up the stairs and into my mother's bedroom. She's laying there watching Roseanne she smiles at me when I walk through the door. "Oh hi baby what's up?" She asks.

"Hey mama." I whisper and go sit down on the bed beside her. "I um got to run up to Minneapolis. Nikki got in a car accident, apparently it's bad." I start.

"Oh okay then you should go but didn't you break up?" She asks.

"Yeah we did." I admit, but then I look back into her eyes. "But I still love her mama." I whisper and squeeze my eyes shut, a sharp ache courses through my chest as I admit the truth. "She's pregnant too, and apparently it's mine."