Chapter 29. Mama

Nicole's POV

I'm sitting there watching Roseanne, expecting Billy to come back anytime now he was supposed to call his parents to let them know how I was doing. I hear footsteps and just assume that it's Billy.

My neck is sore from the accident so my head turns slowly in the direction of the curtain, wondering why he's being so quiet.

I gasp in shock when I meet a pair of familiar blue eyes, at first I think I'm hallucinating or dreaming.

I throw my hand over my mouth so I don't scream. The look on his face feels like it's physically burning me, the hurt, worry, and regret burning in his eyes.

"Hi baby." He says in a deep husky voice just those two words make my heart skip a beat. His voice is thick with emotion, like he might cry. 

My hand drops from my mouth. "Andy?" I breath, it comes out so quiet I'm almost not sure if he hear's it.

He walks over closer to me and stares down into my eyes, it is the most home I have felt in five months even though I'm in a hospital bed. He runs his fingers through my long brown hair and smiles at me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in confusion.

"Billy called me this morning." He says softly.

I look away from Andy. "That bastard." I growl in irritation at my best friend.

"Don't be mad, I'm glad he called me. I admit I wasn't sure I'd make it up here mom can't even get out of bed but Josh is watching them so.." He says and shrugs. 

"Y-your mom can't get out of bed what are you talking about?" I ask him confused by how he said it.

He knits his eyebrows together and looks away, I give him several moments but he doesn't speak.

"Andy?" I ask worried and try sitting up bad idea with bruised ribs, I hiss in pain. Andy quickly turns back to me and presses me back down onto the bed.

"Mom has brain cancer." He whispers.

I stare at him horror struck. "O-oh my god, Andy why the hell are you even here if-" 

"Look I didn't want to leave I've never been this far from her since she found out she was sick, but I had to come see you." Andy says shaking his head back and forth fiercely.

"Because I'm pregnant?" I ask.

"No Nik, I mean yeah that's part of it but I've almost called you a thousand times the last five months as more time went on it become harder and I let my pride win which was stupid." He says sounding angry with himself.

"You're not even going to ask me if it's yours?" I ask.

He smiles. "Billy told me how far you were so I mean unless you cheated-" I cut him off.

"Okay fine it's yours." I roll my eyes.

"Wouldn't have mattered much if it wasn't, wouldn't stop me from loving you, missing you, and wanting you to come back home with me." He says staring into my eyes.

I stare back at him in shock. "I-I can't now your mom is sick. So what I just put another baby on you?" I ask horror struck.

He huff in irritation and rolls his eyes. "I kind of need the help anyways, if that makes a difference." He says.

"Need help with what?" I ask curiously, damn he knows me to well I'm always for helping others and he knows it.

He smirks but then it fades into a serious expression. "I'm serious though Nikki I really do need help. I've been taking care of my mom because I can't afford a nurse which is extremely awkward in case you were wondering, usually Heather comes to help but sometimes she can't. We can't afford for her to stay in the hospital, and she wanted to be home anyways-" I interrupt him.

"It's inoperable?" I ask horror struck. "Like zero chance? She's going to die?" 

"Any day." He whispers. "I have court tomorrow afternoon to see if I can keep custody of my siblings which at this point-" He shakes his head. "I'm not sure that I can. Thing's have been really hard I mean some nights Josh calls me out of work to come home if thing's get to hard. Which I literally can't afford to miss work. I've still got a pretty large amount of money saved but I've been trying like hell not to touch it." 

I raise my eyebrows in shock and confusion.

"Oh right I um quit leading the gang to." He shrugs.

"Why?" I breath.

"Was time to grow up." He snorts, then swallows hard. "I've got to have a legit job to prove to the court I can take care of them. I've been like so desperate for money though that Brandon came and asked me to do a job and I'm strongly considering it." He says rubbing his eyes.

"So you're saying you actually need me there now?" I whisper stunned looking down at my intertwined fingers. "I've got a job here though and I'm finishing school by mail.." I trail off.

"You can get a job in Chicago if it's that important to you, you can keep doing school by mail. Come on Nikki, just come home with me I know that you want to. I want to be around the baby, I'll take care of both of you-" He cuts off I look up at him and he's fighting back tears. "Just please." He whispers.

Suddenly the door swings open Billy walks in smiling, and holding a toddler?

"W-who, woah." I whisper in shock. "Is that Gracie?" I ask and tears begin rolling down my cheeks, damn hormones...

I reach out for her excitedly, Billy sets her down in my lap and I grin widely at her. "Oh my god look at you, you're so beautiful..." I trail off, I never realized how much she meant to me...

Gracie gives me a huge smile. "Mama." She waves at me. 

I stare at her horror struck, so does Billy, and Andy.

I look up at Andy in shock giving him a "what do I say" look. He purses his lips shaking his head still just as surprised as me.

When I look back down at Gracie she is smiling at me then looks at her dad and smiles. She climbs up my lap and hugs me tightly.

I kiss her forehead and look up at Andy who is giving me a questioning look. "Come home?" He asks.

I sigh, but nod. "Yeah." I whisper

He bends down and smashes his lips to mine. "I love you." He whispers against my lips.

"I love you too." I whisper looking back into his eyes.

"I LOVE YOU!" Gracie yells suddenly. Andy and I both laugh at her, and she claps. Looking at Andy and Gracie now I'm not even sure why the hell I left, and if I could go back I never would have it would have saved so much pain.

What the hell does Andy see in me, I was trying to do the selfless thing but I did the selfish thing. If it weren't for that car accident Andy may of never even knew I had a baby because I was to scared to tell him.

Author's Note: AWE YAYYY Nikki is going home with Andy! This is not the end of the road for Andy and Nikki so stay tuned!