Chapter 32. A Job.

Nikki's POV

"Look man if you don't want to do this-" Brandon says.

"No I do, I need to I need the money-" Andy says but he cuts off when I walk into the kitchen. He walks over to the cabinet pouring a cup of coffee and sliding it across the counter to me.

"Alright, then we should probably head out soon." Brandon says softly and walks out.

"You're really going to do it?" I ask curiously after Brandon walks out, Andy crosses his arms over his chest but nods looking down at the floor as he leans against the counter.

"You say it like I've got other options, and I don't baby." He whispers shaking his head. "I quit running because I wanted out, I only started this shit to have money to take care of my family. Which is now the same reason that I'm going on this run, it'll be the most dangerous one we've ever gone on." He whispers.

"I hate doing it but I have to have the money to pay for mom's funeral now, and the baby." He points at my stomach. "Plus all these kids, I do this and I should never have to again as long as I'm careful about it. I'll invest it somehow, I need to go." He says pushing himself off the counter.

I sigh and stand up walking over to him I throw my arms around his shoulders and kiss him passionately, he deepen's the kiss tangling a hand into my hair pressing me tighter against him. 

He pulls away pressing his forehead to mine. "I love you." He whispers running a hand through my hair.

I look up into his eyes staring at him for a moment before I speak. "I love you too, just be safe." I tell him sternly he smiles and kisses my forehead.

He turns around walks over to Gracie who's sitting at the table eating her breakfast. He kisses her on the head, she looks at him and smiles. "Love you." He tells her.

"Bye daddy love you." She tells him, and then he walks out of the kitchen.

*************

Andy's POV

"Germans?" I ask in disbelief and Brandon shrugs. "Dude they're complete assholes." I say shaking my head.

"We'll be fine bro." Kevin says from the backseat of my Impala.

"Sorry about your mom." Nicholas says.

I don't say anything, I know how often I'm going to hear that and truth is what am I supposed to say? Thanks for being sorry that my mother died?

"How's it going with Nikki?" Thomas asks me. 

"You sure that kid is yours?" Kevin asks.

I knit my eyebrows together in irritation and look back at him. "Really?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"It's happened to you before Andy." Brandon points out.

"Okay first of all no more talking about my mother she just died I don't even want to think about her right now okay?" I ask looking at all of them they give me a nod of understanding. "Secondly stay the fuck out of my personal life, it ain't your business. Nikki and I are fine, if you knew why she left you'd all probably feel like a bunch of pricks for thinking badly of her. The baby is mine." I growl the last part and look back out the windshield getting on the gas pedal.

"Why'd she leave then?" Brandon asks.

"Because she knew that I was already taking care of my entire family and she didn't want to be a burden." I say shaking my head. 

Not one of them say a word.

"Suppose that's a good reason." Kevin says.

"Why didn't she get ahold of you to tell you she was pregnant?" Thomas asks.

I run a hand through my hair. "Jesus christ would you like to know what I ate for breakfast this morning to?" I ask sarcastically.

It's quiet for a really long time after that, until Brandon looks at me. "She know what she's having yet?" Brandon asks.

"The doctors are saying a girl." I shrug.

"You don't sound so sure?" Brandon says.

"They said Gracie was a boy." I point out.

After that we don't speak, we reach the place where we're meeting in Detroit an old vacant building.

When we get out of the car we sit on the hood and wait for what seems like a long time before a black van pulls up. 

The men get out and walk toward's us there's four of them all about the same size. Brandon greets them, they hand him a duffel bag, me a duffel bag and Thomas a duffel bag. 

"Drop it off at this address." The leader says handing a piece of paper over to Brandon. Brandon takes it and we head back to the car quickly. 

We walk away throwing the three bags in the trunk getting into our car and pulling away from the building.

"What's your problem?" Brandon asks curiously.

"I don't know man, something just doesn't...feel right." I admit but then continue to ignore the strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

*******************

Nikki's POV

"You guys stop throwing your food!" I yell at Justin and David, they throw their head back and laugh. "I mean it or I'm telling Andy you were naughty." As soon as the words leave my mouth the boys straight right up and start eating.

Wow... the magic word is Andy, I chuckle softly.

The phone ring's I set my fork down and go over to the phone. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hey biotch." Billy says.

I smile. "Hey."

"You never called me?" He asks curiously.

"Oh fuck I'm sorry." I huff.

"Fuck!" Gracie yells.

I spin back around horror struck. "Oh, oh no Gracie baby don't say that word it's naughty." I say sternly. 

There's a knock at the door. "Billy I have to go someone is here and now I've got Gracie swearing, call you tomorrow." I say quickly hanging up and walking into the hallway I throw the door open.

"Well hello sweetheart." A deep voice says darkly, it's dark out and I can barely make out the face.

I gasp in shock, then quickly throw the door shut I turn around and run toward's the kitchen halfway down the hallway the door busts in and the men begin flooding into the house.