Chapter 30. Going Home.

Nikki's POV

I had to stay in the hospital for three day's so they could monitor the baby and I after the accident I already told my job I couldn't work, and that I'd be moving.

The doctors insisted that I try to do as little as possible because of the car accident, that if I physically or mentally stress myself out to much that I could lose the baby which they insist is still a girl.

Andy wanted to stay with me but he couldn't, he had court and to many other obligations at home. He's on his way up to get me now, he told the court that he was working two jobs and that I'd be there as well that I've been emancipated and would be eighteen soon anyways.

The court agreed to allow Andy to keep the kids but that he'd be watched by Child Protective Services for the first six months after his mother's death.

His mom is hanging in there but Andy says she's just slowly deteriorating, Andy also decided that he was going to do the run that Brandon offered. He told me he has to go to Detroit Michigan Saturday to get thirty Kilo's of cocaine and bring it back. 

The boy's will divide the money, Andy says he'd get seventy five thousand dollars and hopefully he'd never have to do it again.

Which he shouldn't because seventy five thousand dollars is a shit ton of money, and he's already got a hundred thousand dollar's still from when he quit.

I'm signing my release papers, he should be here anytime. 

"Hey." Billy says. "So I talked to the salvage yard and insurance company, the firebird is totaled but they're going to send you a check to help with a new vehicle. I gave them Andy's address to send the check to." He pauses for a moment then tilt's his head. "Speaking of which where is Andy?" He asks.

"I'm not sure-" I'm cut off.

"Right here." Andy says as he walks in with Gracie, she waves at me smiling.

"Hi." I smile at both of them. "We have to um run to Billy's to get my stuff that okay?" I ask.

"Yeah of course." Andy nods. 

"Okay." I say slowly getting off the bed Andy helps me up with his free arm. "I got to close my bank account to and pull the money I have out." I tell him.

He nods in understanding.

"I'll meet you guys back at my place." Billy says and heads out. The nurse returns taking my paperwork and letting me know I'm free to leave.

It's still hard to walk but not as bad as before, I'm just a little slow.

Andy put's Gracie in the middle of the truck as I climb into the passenger side carefully, I have to admit I'm glad he brought his truck so I'm not getting in and out of a car.

He get's in starting the truck and turns the heat up, I instruct him where to go to get back to Billy's.

He pulls into the driveway and let's out a low whistle at the house. "Rich parent's?" He asks.

"Yes." I admit.

"Spoiled?" He asks.

"Only child so yes VERY." I nod.

 "Surprisingly, you wouldn't know..." Andy trails off.

I laugh and nod in agreement. "Yeah he isn't a prick." I agree.

Andy pulls Gracie from the truck carrying her to the door and holding onto my arm which is good because I nearly slip and fall from a patch of ice on the sidewalk. 

He tightens his grip on my arm and steady's me. "Oh bless you." I tell him, he chuckles. 

"Watch your step." He warns.

We get to the door I open it walking in and hold the door for Andy and Gracie. 

Mary is standing in the hallway talking to Billy, they stop and turn to look at us. Mary smiles at the three of us. "Hello." She says politely.

"Mary this is Andy, and Gracie." I introduce them. "This is Billy's mom Mary." I inform Andy.

"Nice to meet you." Andy says politely.

"Nice to meet you too, beautiful daughter." Mary smiles.

"Thank you." Andy says sounding a bit surprised. I pull on his arm, we head up the stairs to go get my thing's.

Andy shut's the door and set's Gracie down. "You lived next door?" He asks.

"Yeah the one over there." I point to my left.

"That's a big house too." Andy says.

"Yeah about the same size as this one I suppose." I admit.

"Have you talked to your dad?" Andy asks.

"Twice." I admit. "He let me get my clothes which no longer fit me now anyways, and the firebird which is now totaled." I admit and shrug.

He laughs quietly. "Well you had insurance right? If so you might get a check. As for the clothes they'll fit you after you have the baby." He points out. 

"I know, just wearing sweatpants sucks." I grumble.

Suddenly I feel his arms wrap around my waist, he lowers his head into the crook of my neck and start's trailing kisses up my neck. I bite my lip and lean further into him. "I'll get you better maternity clothes baby." He whispers and kisses my temple.

I turn my head and kiss him passionately, he deepens the kiss and I run my finger's through his hair. 

We both hear a high pitched giggle we break the kiss and look back at Gracie who is sitting on my bed watching us.

Andy helps me pack my things quickly, then he takes it all out to the truck. I hug Mary and Billy goodbye. 

"Keep that one." Mary says nodding her head toward's the front door, I know she means Andy. "The way he looks at you girl... You don't get a love like that twice." Mary smiles, I smile back at her and nod.

"Thanks for letting me stay here, I appreciate it so much." I tell her.

"You be sure to call us when that baby is born, we'll come see you. Let us know when you make it home to." Mary says then kisses my cheek. 

Andy comes back in, I punch Billy in the shoulder he chuckles and playfully punches my shoulder. "See ya later." I tell him.

"You betcha." He nods.

I take Andy's hand they wave goodbye to us. "Drive safe." Mary calls.

It's already 6 P.M. after getting Gracie in her seat Andy climbs into the truck and put's it in reverse. I stare at my old house, and my best friend's house. Strange how in less then a year your life can change so rapidly.

Andy must notice that I'm distant. "You okay?" He asks worriedly.

I look over at him and smile. "Yeah I am." I nod. He reaches over and brushes my hair away from my face. 

It's strange how someone you just met can impact your life so much, when people you knew your whole life aren't nearly as important. 

"What are you thinking?" He asks looking at me curiously.

"How happy I am to be going home." I tell him.

He smiles at what I say, suddenly Gracie lurches forward trying to turn the radio up. Andy laughs at her nudging her hand away and turning it up for her.

How the hell can a 20 month old be so smart?

Then again her dad is pretty smart...

I lean down and kiss Gracie's cheek, she smiles at me and kisses my cheek back.