にじゅうに

By now Ria was reaching her limit.

"How long is he gonna take?" she says, tapping her foot impatiently.

Carl rolled his eyes. "Calm down, Ria. He'll bring her eventually."

She shook her head. "That's it, I'm going to their table," she growled, stomping off.

Meanwhile, Diana and Samuel were having the time of their lives.

"You didn't actually swear at him, right?" asked Sam, laughing.

Diana huffed, taking a sip of her drink. "Of course I did! He can't just insult my precious works like that!"

"You really are something else, Darling."

"Imagine if...Ren's guitar was broken by his classmate. He would never let him touch it again, right?"

"He would never be allowed to even breathe near it."

Diana jumped slightly with the entry of a new voice.

Samuel groaned. "I told you to wait! I said that I would bring her, didn't I?"

Ria smacked the back of his head. "We should've met her five minutes ago, dimwit," she said, angrily. Then in a lower voice, so that only he could hear she added, "If you'd paid attention to the time, instead of flirting, you would've noticed."

Samuel flushed at her statement.

"Shut up," he hissed back.

Then he smiled at Diana. "These are my band members. They wanted to meet you."

Diana smiled widely, bowing her head slightly. "Nice to meet you, I'm Diana."

"I'm Ria."

"As you know, I'm Ren."

"And I'm Carl."

"You guys did really well on stage. Looks like Samuel wasn't lying about how good you are!"

Ren smiled, already liking her personality.

"Thanks, Diana. We're glad you liked it."

The three pulled up chairs and surrounded the couple.

"So, tell us about yourself!" said Ria, smiling widely.

Diana moved her gaze down nervously. "There's not really much to tell....."

"Anything is fine. Don't feel nervous. It's not like you're a criminal. Say whatever you're comfortable with."

She smiled. Samuel swore he saw her eyes sparkle a bit.

"Well, I'm fifteen. I attend Monta Vista High."

Ren whistled appreciatively. "Isn't that a really competitive school?"

She nodded, almost looking wearier at the mention of her school. "Yes, it is. But my brother attended that school, so my mom didn't want to make two trips to drop us."

"So you're smart?"

Diana sniggered before bursting into chuckles. "Goodness gracious, no. I like to think I'm average. The competition is tough, but some people are nice."

Samuel watched carefully, seeing a hint of pain flash across her face when she mentioned her studies.

"Well, you stated an in-depth review of our performance, so I'm guessing you like music?"