にじゅうはち

Diana stared out of the window forlornly, her face expressionless.

From their seats, Jax and Emily exchanged worried looks. 

"There's something wrong, isn't there?"

Emily nodded. "Yeah. She's been down for the past three and a half weeks."

They watched as one of their classmates walked up to the girl. A smile immediately appeared on her face. But they noticed. It didn't have even half the amount of true happiness compared to the one she had shown at the beginning of the month.

It was very worrying, seeing their friend like that.

-------------------

He hadn't contacted her. Her previous messages were left at seen and the boy never bothered to send any message. Her throat closed, emotions building up in her chest again. She forced her feelings down, trying not to grow teary-eyed.

Was she hurt? Of course. That went without saying. She was hurt so bad. Was her first love going to end like that? Over no phone calls for the sake fo her exams?

She pulled her jacket tighter around herself. Her back rested against the wall of the building.

"Diana!"

She looked to the side to see Riley running up to her.

"Hey, Riley. What's up?"

"Well, since exams are over......I was wondering if you wanted to come over on the weekend?"

Diana smiled a bit wider. "We haven't done that since fifth, have we?"

Riley nodded, ignoring the guilt she felt with that sentence. 

"Of course! I'll tell my mom and ask her to call yours," said Diana, jumping up and down a little.

Riley smiled widely. "Great! I'll see you later!" she yelled, running to catch up with the bus.

Diana felt a bit of her original happiness return, her heart growing a bit warm.

She hummed softly, briskly walking to the gate. She said goodbye to familiar kids before exiting. She turned to the right, about to continue on the path to her house. She froze as her eyes fell on a person, a boy, standing there.

"Diana."