さんじゅうはち

Diana felt like she was gonna pass out. Her heart was hammering against her rib cage, her eyes were already misty, so there was no way of hiding it. She was clutching onto the plushie as if her life depended on it.

Riley bunched up the bedsheets in her palms in frustration.

"I am so so so sorry," she said. "I felt the distance and I didn't do anything about it. We've been best friends since forever but we haven't hung recently and I feel terrible. I can't believe I took everything for granted. I felt us drifting away and I didn't hold on but I should've. Because you're the best friend ever. And I don't want to drift apart, because no one could ever replace you. You're the sweetest and the best person ever and I hope I didn't lose you or give you up."

Diana felt the knot in her throat slowly melt. Her eyes started watering again but this time due to relief. Her doubts had been washed away. Comfort dripped off of the sentences and she couldn't help but smile and cry, her happiness level shooting through the roof.

"You were so brave to do all of this, I would've never managed that," Riley whispered.

Diana pulled her into a tight hug, unspoken words of guilt and reassurance in the air. But it was okay. They knew things would be better now. Even if they had a rocky time, in the end, they would pull through. 

They fell asleep after talking for a while, hands held tightly in each others' grasps. Riley's mom came in to check up on them and smiled upon seeing the pair so soundly asleep. She returned to her phone call, none other than Diana's mom on the line.

"I think they'll be okay now."

[A/N:

It's a little bit dramatic but I'm so happy things have been sorted with my friend. She's practically my other half and without her, I would've been the anti-social one in class XD. It's short but I didn't want to add anything else to this and felt it should just be like this :D

Thanks for reading, tell me what you think, please don't be a silent reader<33

Love,

Sam]