CHAPTER 3: It's For The Better

ASTON

"I said No!" I snap again at my parents for the hundredth time.

"Son, in case you didn't know, this is a MUST for becoming an Alpha and the future Alpha King. To refuse this is like saying that the Moon Goddess is full of shit!" My father fores back at me agitated.

"This is ridiculous! Seriously, how the hell can anyone be okay with this kind of bullshit?!" I shout.

"Listen...." My mom begins to try and reason with me in a more calming manner. "I understand that you are at an age where you want to have no obligations or responsibilities. You like playing the field. So I will make you a deal. If you do this and put on a show in front of others by having gatherings and convincing everyone that you and her are truly in love, then you can still do what you like in secrecy and if you do hold up your end of the deal, your father and I will discuss with the Moon Goddess along with the Council about removing her from being your mate and then try and see of the Council will still allow you to become the future Alpha King without a Luna." She finishes.

"Darling..." I hear my father say through clenched teeth.

"It's alright. I know that things will turn out just as they should in the end." She smirks.

He stomps then out of the room, slamming the door behind him and I look at her trying to hold in my frustration a little more.

"I hate to break it to you and dad but I will NEVER and I mean NEVER love this woman. I am not ready for this and there is no reason that I need to have a mate, especially getting sloppy seconds from my asshole brother!" I yell at her as I turn and leave.

Once I opened the door, I immediately was filled with regret and felt sick to my stomach as soon as I saw this curvy young girl, close to my age, with beautiful hazel green eyes and medium length burgundy loose wavy hair and looked to be 5'6 tall.

I wanted to say 'sorry' but I couldn't. She already had turned around and walked away with tears in her eyes.

I noticed her walking past my father and then saw her follow our butler upstairs to her room and my father snaps his head back at me, glaring.

"What the hell is the matter with you son?!" My father says.

I grip onto my hair roughly and yell out "FUCK!" Then stomp out the house.

I needed to get away and think for a while. I never wanted this. I never wanted to have a mate this early at least. I didn't want to become an Alpha the way I did. But now I'm here in this position and feel as though I'm being forced to do something I don't want to do.

It has nothing to do with her personally and I know it has to sound like I'm a dick. Which maybe I am. But it's better this way. I can't pretend to be something I'm not.

I met up with the Beta of my pack, Bruce at one of our favorite places and drank and had a lot of fun. Then as it got late, I ended up taking a ride back to the house with some random chick and as I stumbled up the stairs, she kept giggling while I tried reminding her to be quiet.

We finally got into my room and fucked then after she passed out I headed out onto my balcony outside my room to smoke a cigarette and as soon as I lit one up, I noticed off to the side in the backyard, was Celeste. My new mate.

"You fucked up real bad." My wolf says to me.

"Shut the hell up! I told what was going on and that's not going to change. It's better this way, you'll see." I tell him before shutting off communication with him and taking one final puff before putting my cigarette out and walking back into my room.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Hurt my back trying to help move things and pack up some stuff. But am good now and am now on track and also will be posting chapters tonight.