CHAPTER 22: I'm Not Letting You Go

CELESTE

We finally came up with a plan to attack Aston's brother and come to find out, we still chose to head over towards the council since this big fight or what have you was going to go on tonight.

After pulling up in front of the hall and being escorted inside the head Elders chambers, both Aston and I walked hand-in-hand as we approached the desk he was sitting at discussing something with a few other of the elders. We all bowed to greet one another as we always do.

"We know why you both are here." The head elder states. "Please, take a seat."

Both Aston and I look at each other feeling a little worried and yet confused but still sit across from him.

"Sir..." Aston began but he was stopped.

"Now there is no time as we both know to discuss much at this point. I do however ask that you do use your best judgement and do try everything you can to avoid the worst." He says.

"Yes sir." I tell him.

"Alright then. You both need to get a move on and if there is a need for any of my men here, let us know." He says.

"Alright." Aston replies.

We both get up and start heading towards the door and then the head elder says one more thing.

"We're sorry about you and your brother and how it had to come to this." He says.

Aston just turns and nods his head a little bit before we continue to head out.

Then during the car ride home, we are still holding each other's hand while his other hand is on the wheel.

"I'm really sorry too by the way, that you're having to fight your brother." I broke the silence.

"Yeah well. I am too." He replies.

The rest of the ride is quiet as I realize that he doesn't want to say anything at the moment. So when we pull up to the house we get out and he heads inside where all the pack is at getting ready for the fight and he addresses them before he gets ready.

"So tonight we're gonna fight my brother and his pack. Celeste and I have just been to the council and they are aware of the situation and said they trust my judgement in deciding my brother's fate. I'm honestly not sure in what that is. But either way, no matter what, leave my brother to me." Aston tells them all and everyone nods in agreement.

Aston then tells everyone he needs to get some air real fast. Meanwhile, I would like to talk with him but once again, I do understand. So I leave him be and head upstairs to get prepared for tonight mentally.

I've been thinking while up in the room back on the times that Malachai ever hurt me or said things to try and put me down.

"Uh, Moon Goddess, or whoever is listening, I haven't done this before but I feel I need to get this all out before the big fight." I begin while taking in a deep breath and let it out before I continue.

"I know I've had moments of outbursts if you will and questioned about the cruelty I had faced endured in my life, including from Malachai. Then right when I find someone who I have fallen for and who has fallen for me, Malachai comes back in my life to take away everything good. I guess we go through pain and suffering as a part of life and all that should matter is coming out of it alive but tonight in particular. Please do me the favor and don't take Aston away from me. And please don't let him turn into his brother. Because I love him and I can't be without him. And no offense, but you can't have him. If it comes to it, please take me instead." I begin to cry out.

I cry into my hands and try to pull myself together before I was instantly startled by his voice.

"I'm not giving you to her either." He says from behind me.

I then stand up off the bed and turn to look at him while wiping the tears from my eyes as he walks up to me and holds my face and wipes away my tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be so emotional I just, I can't stop worrying. I know I shouldn't but..." I was cut off by him placing his lips onto mine and giving me a long passionate kiss.

Then as we pull apart to catch our breaths we look into each other's eyes.

"I love you so much and like you said, we are unstoppable together. And when this fight is over, we are going to grow old together and I am gonna take care of you." He assures me and suddenly I feel at ease more as I nod my head in agreement and we stand there holding each other for a moment more.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)