CHAPTER 14: My New Life

CELESTE

I couldn't believe it, we were officially mates and had marked each other.

It has now been a couple weeks since we marked each other and I feel that it definitely brought us both closer than ever.

Today was a very important day as it was going to be the first time I have ever gone to a pack meeting, let alone an Alpha's meeting and I was feeling a little nervous and at the same time, also a little bit excited because it was a huge deal to be able to go to the meetings.

The moment I walked into the room, right away I was greeted with respect from everyone bowing their heads and greeting me by saying, 'Luna' in unison.

"Thank you." I replied.

Everyone then took their seats as did me and Aston as we took our seats at the head of the long table while Aston took hold of my hand.

"Alright. So tell me any updates." Aston says.

"Well, for starters, we found out where Gordon had been hiding for the past few years and who he was doing business with." Bruce states and I notice him looking at me and then back at Aston.

"Who?" Aston asks through clenched teeth that made me think that maybe he already knew.

"Malachai and Celeste's parents." He mutters the last part.

"What?" Both Aston and I ask.

He looks at me again with a sympathetic look and then looks back at Aston.

"Your brother and her parents." He repeats.

Both Aston and I looked at each other again and I didn't need the mind link to know what he was thinking. I could tell on his face he was wondering if I really had met Gordon before and just didn't tell him. I quickly shook my head to assure him I never had met him before.

Then Aston also said something next that he at first seemed hesitant but then eventually came out and said something.

"We also have heard that both of her parents um..." He began to hesitate. "They apparently have had some money issues and we've heard that her parents have made sure she found someone with money so they could..." I stop him. 

"Please don't say anymore." I interrupted him as I started to feel sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean sure my parents were low people but I didn't expect them to be that low.

I excuse myself trying to fight back the tears and I don't make it too far down the hallway before I feel myself being turned around and my face being buried into someone's chest.

"It's okay." I hear Aston tell me.

"It's not okay. My own fucking parents have practically tried to whore me off so that they could be rich. I swear I never knew their real intentions." I begin to defend myself.

"Shh. It's okay baby. I believe you." He tells me and has me look at him.

"I love you and nobody in that room, including me was thinking of you any less nor did any of us believe any of that. We know you had no idea." He tries reassuring me.

"But your parents." I started.

"My parents will understand. I promise. They're not ones who like to believe things without solid hard evidence to back it up with." He assures me.

I just nod my head in agreement and he places a kiss on my lips then pulls me in closer.

"I'm sorry." I tell him.

"Don't be. Just don't runaway like that again." He asks me.

"Okay. I promise." I tell him.

We hold each other for a moment longer before heading back into the room and everyone giving me reassurance not to worry about them judging me or listening to what anyone says.

After the meeting was over, Bruce came up to me to explain that he only was bringing up the latest news and apologized for upsetting me. To which of course I told him it was okay and that I had overreacted.

I swear, I will really need to get used to being with people who love, trust and believe me. This is my new and better life.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)