CHAPTER 9: She May Be Different Than The Others

ASTON

I woke up in the middle of the night last night after hearing Celeste crying.

I wonder why she was crying and then realized of what happened at the dinner last night.

To be honest, it kinda made my heart break a little and made me think a lot about why I've been doing and acting the way that I have.

For the most part, I guess even though my brother is dead, I'm still trying to impress him and now as I think about it, wow, it really sounds pathetic. Even if he was still alive, it's pathetic.

I hated him so much and yet I still wanted his approval.

After my friend came over this morning to talk about her and her mate having a fight and asking for advice, I had noticed when Celeste came downstairs and saw us, she looked a little jealous.

Then she made us both breakfast and I've gotta admit that it was nice being around her.

I'm not exactly sure in what is happening to me but I should just go with it, right?

"Well, I'm gonna head back upstairs." She says.

"Wait!" I stop her.

She then turns and looks at me before going up the stairs.

"Yeah?" She asks me.

"You and I need to go over a few things before this party in a few days." I begin.

"Party?" She asks with a worried look on her face.

"Yes. My parents are celebrating their 50th hear Anniversary and are having a big party  for it." I tell her.

"So then what do we need to go over?" She asks a little hesitantly.

"Well for starters, what you are going to wear seeing as to how we need to match." I began feeling nervous as I asked her that. Which why am I nervous?

"Oh?" She replies.

"Not only that but there are a few rules we need to talk about as well." I began to tell her but I start getting pissed as I think about Gordon and how I know he will do whatever he can to try and take her from me. I think to myself before continuing. "That involves a certain person who would love nothing more than to see me fail but who would also love to take you away." I finish under my breath.

"But I would never do anything, so what does that matter?" She quickly fires back and asks in return as she starts walking a little closer towards me.

"Because we have an image to uphold. We have to act and look legit and he will only make things worse." I tell her but not knowing why in the hell I just said that.

"Well I will try and steer clear from him. Don't worry, I won't embarrass you or your parents. You won't be let down." She tells me though she seems sad.

"It's not that..." I began but then stopped myself from saying anything further because I'm not sure if I should tell her that I really want to give us a try.

"What is it then?" She asks with a look of confusion.

"Just promise me you will stay away from him." I tell her trying to hold in my anger just knowing that fucker is going to the party.

"Are you okay?" I next hear her ask.

I wait a moment to try and calm myself down before I snap my head back at her and reply.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just....I need to get ready to meet up with the pack. We'll talk about this later." I tell her and then start making my way past her and up to my room to get dressed.

"Are you coming Alpha or what?" I hear my Beta, Bruce mind link me. "What's the hold up?!"

"I'll be there in twenty." I reply back to him.

When I showed up to meet with Bruce and a few other pack members to go over several things, I seemed to have been terrible at hiding how I was feeling at the moment because I heard Bruce try and get my attention.

"Alpha!" He says while snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"What's up with you man?!" He asks.

"Nothing." I reply.

"Come on, you know you can tell me anything." He says.

"It's stupid but, I think that maybe I should try and make things work between me and Celeste." I confess.

"Celeste?" He asks confused. "Oh that's right, your late brothers mate." He says.

"Yeah." I say.

"Well isn't that the point anyways? The Moon Goddess gave you her for a reason." He mentions.

"I know. It's just, you know me, I didn't think I deserved her. Plus she was with my brother. You know how he always got the girls and what kind of girls went after him." I admit.

"Yeah well no offense, but as we all know, your brother was a dick and something tells me that Celeste isn't like the others he has been with." He says.

That made me feel a little better and I started thinking maybe he's right.

We then both head inside the building where the pack and I began our meeting.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)