CHAPTER 23: We Need To Heal

ASTON

We arrived at the hillside that I had requested and I saw my brother, Malachai along with his pack of course and beside him on his knees was our father.

My dad was all bloodied up and beatened down, weak and I'm sure in pain as well as being consumed in exhaustion.

Me and my pack all came and stood in a stance several feet across from him and he looks at both me and Celeste but she wasn't intimidated as we held one another's hand for support.

"You're looking good." He eyes Celeste up and down. "Well, apart from the fact you're still fat but.." He grins and she nearly loses it and wants to lunge towards him but I hold her back. "Ooo, feisty huh?" He coos at her.

"Let's get this over with." I start.

"It's good to see you brother." He scowls at me.

"Wish I could say the same." I snark.

"Alright then. I only want one thing. Agree to it and dad here will be handed over." He states.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want back my title. Along with my mate. An Alpha isn't an Alpha without their Luna. Not to mention that she was mine first. You just got my sloppy seconds." He grins in satisfaction at me.

"The Moon Goddess made a mistake before and you LOST your title fair and square." I remind him.

"The Moon Goddess? That bitch has been put in her place." He remarks.

Everybody gasps in horror and disbelief.

"You didn't." Celeste says.

"She's not dead, YET. Let's just say that she has more of an understanding of things now." He smirks.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Not important. Right now the only thing that matters is what you decide happens in the next couple of minutes." He says.

"Well you ain't gonna get MY mate and you sure as hell ain't getting the title." I tell him.

He stands there looking at me for a few moments longer.

"Have it your way." He states. Then the person that is holding my dad on his knees by digging into his shoulder, snaps my dads head and kills him.

That's it. I'm done. No more reasoning. Let the fight begin!

We all quickly shift into our werewolf forms and start immediately going at each other. I of course went after my brother and Celeste went after others as well as each member of both packs went for each other's throats.

The moon was full tonight and there was gonna be a lot of blood shed.

All you could hear were deafening sounds of wolves, yelps from their pain, sharp claws being slashed into each other's flesh along with the cracking of a few bones along with the chilling howls and growls as we snapped out sharp canines at one another.

I had not paid attention in where Celeste was as me and my brother were at no point able to break from our fighting brawl.

Then suddenly I felt myself being pinned down and much of the 'battle' noises that were deafening at times, start to die down by a lot.

My brother was on top of me and both of us badly wounded but me, I felt so exhausted as I knew he did as well but between the both of us, I was struggling a little more.

Maybe I wasn't meant to be an Alpha after all. Not saying I will be giving up easily but, I have to admit, he is stronger than me at the moment.

Right as I see him slowly lean in closer with him revealing his sharp canines as blood drips from his blood stained teeth while he growls lowly.

"Any last words brother?!" He mind links me.

I try and struggle to say something but before I have a chance to, I hear a loud growl come from off to the side and knocks him off of me.

When I look over to see who it was, I noticed it was Celeste. Her and him were brawling and she was kicking his ass but I try and get up and despite the struggle, I manage to get up and try to muster up any last of the strength I have and that's when the sudden urge of energy hits me was right as I notice him about to kill Celeste as she struggles to get up from his claws that have her pinned down.

So I start sprinting to him and before he has a time to react to protect himself from my attack, I leap in the air and as I come down hard, I rip his head off with my bare hands right as I land on my two feet.

After watching his head roll down the hillside and looking at his headless now body, that right away starts shifting back into a human form, I look down at Celeste who herself is shifting back into her human form.

She pushes him off and has blood and cuts all over her.

"Baby?" I ask her as I kneel down beside her.

"Oh god. Please tell me it's over." She begins to cry.

"Yes. It's over baby. We're okay." I assure her.

"Alpha! Luna!" Bruce and a few others of my members come running up with some clothes and tosses it to us.

We get dressed and I pick her up  bridal style and we begin heading back home to heal.

I know the council had left my decision for my brother's fate up to me but, in case it goes badly, I will accept the consequences. For now, my mate and I needed to heal.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)