CHAPTER 11: A Queen

ASTON

While Celeste went to get a drink, I went to the bathroom. Then when I came back out, I was looking for Celeste when I saw my friend who I hadn't seen since middle school, come walking up towards me.

"Holy fuck, is that you Aston?" She asks me.

"Oh god, Riley?" I ask looking a little more.

"Hey you!" She says as she hugs me.

"Hey." I hug her back. "It's been forever. Where the hell have you been all these years?" I ask her.

"Around." She smiles and rolls her eyes playfully.

"So what have you been up to?" I ask her.

"Well, I found my mate six years ago, we got married two years ago and have a little one." She says.

"Wow. You? A mom?" I tease her.

She jokingly punches my arm a little harder than I thought she would.

"Any who...Where's your mate? Or are you still wanting to be the bachelor Beta or shall I say Alpha?!" She laughs.

"Hahahaha. My mate is getting a drink at the bar." I stopped and realized I just called her my mate for the first time really in an accepting genuine way.

"Well you, me your mate and mine should all go out on a double date sometime. I have some stories I would like to tell her." She says with a grin.

"Whatever. I've got stories too." I tell her and we both start laughing.

Then as I look over towards the bar, I see that Celeste isn't over there. So I begin looking around and then I see her finally but Gordon is with her. I feel myself begin to fill up with so much rage and I was about to explode.

I told Riley I would talk to her later and then stomped my way over to them and growled. How dare he touches my mate!

"GORDON!" I growled loudly causing everyone to go silent in the place and look at us but I didn't care.

"Hey there Aston." He smirks.

I look at Celeste and then back at him. I told her to stay the hell away from him.

"You need to leave." I tell him.

"Or what? Just cause you took your brother's place doesn't mean I will bow to you or show you any respect. We both you're not as strong as he was. You were always the weak one." He grins.

The next thing I know, I punch him and knock him down and he just looks back up at me as he's being picked up by my Beta and another one of my guys.

"Get him out of here!" I tell my guys who then start escorting him outside and then everyone goes back to doing what they were doing before.

When I looked over beside me to see Celeste, she looked sad but mostly scared and shaken up a little bit.

I placed my hand behind her back and I started escorting her outside.

After getting into our limo and heading back to the house for the entire ride back, there was an awkward silence between us and it hurt me to hear her sniffle so much and try to wipe the tears away without me knowing.

I didn't know what to tell her, I'm not good at this and I'm trying to think about what to say. But we pull up to the house and she right away gets out and quickly heads towards the door and our butler had opened the door and she just walked past him.

When I catch up to her before she heads upstairs and have her look at me, her eyes are puffy from her crying.

"Please talk to me." I tell her.

"I'm leaving. I'm leaving tomorrow. I can't do this, I don't care what you, your family and my parents have made a deal of but I am THROUGH with being a toy to you all. I don't give a shit if rather or not I have to live on the street or in the woods, I would rather do that than continue being abused by all of you!" She begins to cry hard and takes a breath before finishing.

"And another thing! You can't get mad at me for talking with Gordon because he never told me his name and you never mentioned what he looked like. Besides, unlike you, nothing would have happened between me and him! I would NEVER do that. So go fuck yourself!" She says and turns and quickly starts to sprint up the stairs.

Did she just say abused? Did my brother...I stop myself as I begin feeling my stomach turn in disgust at how she has been treated by her own parents and my brother.....And me. FUCK!!

I can't let her leave.

"Go after our mate, dumb ass!" My wolf tells me.

I then quickly sprint upstairs, skipping a step or two until I get to her door and don't even knock, I just walk in where I see her in the bathroom with a blade upon her skin and she's cutting herself?

"Baby, no!" I quickly run in and take the blade from her.

"Give it to me! You bastard, just let me do everyone a favor!" She cries out while trying to punch me but I try grabbing her wrists to stop her and then bring her closer to me with her face buried into my chest as she continues to cry.

"Shh." I coo at her as I begin stroking the back of her hair. "Please don't hurt yourself. I don't want to lose you. I'm so sorry." I tell her as I choke back on some tears.

"Why can't someone just love me. What's wrong with me?!" She cries out even harder and my heart breaks even more.

"Nothing." I tell her as I lean back a little and have her look at me as I hold her face.
"Look, I know I haven't been the best mate and didn't take in your feelings at first but, for a few days I have felt things for you that I know isn't just because of the bond." I began confessing.

"You're just saying that." She says as she pulls away. "Please don't take pity on me."

"I'm not." I try and reach for her again but she takes a step back and is stopped as she hits the bathroom sink.

I let out a breath of defeat as I take a couple of steps closer towards her and place my hands onto the counter on each side of her as I lean in a little closer.

"Please. Give me one more chance to prove to you that I want to be with you." I ask her.

"What about your girl at the party?" She says between sobs as she tries to calm down at the same time.

"She's just a friend. I haven't seen her since middle school and her mate was there tonight. She has moved back with her husband and kid. We were in fact talking about you and then she told me we should even go out on a double date sometime." I try and explain.

She's quiet for a moment while looking away from me as I continue looking at her and waiting for her to say something.

"So then why did Gordon say..." She started but I stopped her.

"He knew who she was but he also really wanted to create a scene and get to me by getting to you, KNOWING you're my mate. And you're right, I never did tell you what he looked like." I tell her as I feel embarrassed that she called me out on it. Although she had every right to. In fact, it kind of turned me on.

I look away from her now as I feel myself beginning to tear up from how vulnerable I have just made myself and start to back up a little bit.

I next notice her moving closer towards me and when I look at her, we stand there for a moment and I put my arms around her after she wraps hers around me and we touch foreheads before I take a risk and start kissing her.

We end up making out for a little bit until we remember about the cut she had tried to do. So I clean it up (thankfully it wasn't too deep) and she asked me to sleep in her bed tonight to which I happily obeyed.

From this moment on, I will do whatever it takes to show her I love her and want her and not just because of the mate connection.

Then when the time comes when I mark her, I'm gonna make it really special and everyday, even when we're old, she will feel like a queen.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
I made this chapter longer because I wanted to in a way, treat you guys. :):)