CHAPTER 10: Need A Ride?

CELESTE

A few days passed by and it was the night of Aston's parents' anniversary party.

I felt a little uncomfortable as I was wearing this beautiful nice ball gown dress that his mother had specially made for me and happened to cost a couple thousand dollars to have made.

After finally finishing getting my hair and makeup done and the stylist and artist leave my room, I take one final look in the mirror at myself and for the first time, I feel beautiful.

So I take in a couple deep breaths before letting them out and finally open the door and start making my way downstairs where everyone is waiting for me.

When I walk down the staircase, I notice everyone stops talking and starts turning their heads looking at me with jaws dropped and when I see Aston, I can see him also eyeing me up and down and licks his lips a little

I begin to blush as I see him do that and the  when I get to the bottom of the stairs, both his parents smile at me.

"Perfect fit." She smiles at me.

"Thank you." I smile back at her.

"You look lovely." His father says to me.

"Thanks." I smile in reply.

Both his parents and a few others begin getting into the limos outside and as Aston walks up to me, he smiles then does something I never thought he would ever do. He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You look amazing." He compliments me.

"So do you." I smile and blush in return.

He next takes my hand into his and we start walking out to the limo where he opens the door for me and then gets in on the other side next to me and we make it over to the party.

When we arrived, he helped me out of the car and everything from the outside to the inside was amazing. You definitely could tell these guys don't mind going all out. As well as they should. Celebrating the many years they have been married together, that's a huge deal.

The moment we walked inside, everyone looked at us, even the men did which I could tell caused Aston to become more possessive and jealous as I felt him put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to his hip. Which I didn't mind.

Plus, I know why he did it. All the men who had no mates had their noses sniffing the air and then looking at me as I knew they wanted me because they knew I wasn't marked yet.

After Malachai died, my mark left as well. Though it was nice for it to be gone as instead of representing I had a mate who loved me, it was more of a reminder of the hatred he put upon me. Plus, I wouldn't have been able to find another mate. Not that that this Aston thing is any better. It's all fake.

For the last couple of days we had gone over what I was to say and answer certain questions so that nobody got suspicious of our relationship not being real. I also noticed after Aston told me he really wanted to try and make this relationship work, I didn't believe him at the time but now, being here with him and how he's acting. I guess maybe he really is serious.

As the night continues and after being here for almost two hours already, we have danced, eaten, drank some champagne and I got to meet new people as Aston introduced me as his mate.

Then I wanted to get some water so I left to the back bar they had in the back and asked the bartender for a water and that's when I heard a male's voice approach me.

"Well if it isn't Celeste Lumberton." He says.

I turn and see who it was and I don't recognize him.

He was wearing an all black tuxedo that didn't cover the tattoos that were peeking out from the collar a little bit

"Do I know you?" I ask.

"No. But I'm a good friend of the family." He smirks while ordering a drink.

"Oh." I reply and then take the water bottle and am about to leave when I feel a hand on my arm stop me.

"Wait." He says.

"What?" I asked as I removed my hand from his grasp.

"Woah. Relax sexy." He grins.

"Don't touch me." I tell him. "Now if you'll excuse me." I say and he interrupts me.

"Running to your new mate?" He remarks.

"Yes." I reply sternly.

"Looks to me like he's in the middle of something." He states as I turn and see Aston standing with a girl, talking with her and them both laughing in a flirtatious way.

I was so stupid. I can't believe I believed him.

I then start to walk off real quick towards the front door to leave and I hear Aston calling out my name but I refuse to stop. I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving tonight.

I next feel my arm being grabbed and turned around again and once again, I see the guy I just talked with at the bar.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'll be fine, just want to go home." I say.

He then offers to take me home and that's when I next hear a loud growl come from behind as we are stopped.

"GORDON!!" We hear a loud growl from Aston coming from behind us.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
Hmmmm, wonder if that girl he was talking to was just a friend, booty call, cousin or someone else who could become a new threat.